Lazy Peachick

I'm feeding her medicated chick starter. And I'm new to have babies so idk if they are disease symptoms. But from other posts it sounds like cocci. She is lethargic. Acting very lazy when normally she is all over the place. She wants to sleep all the time. She stands and walks occasionally. Only to find a new place to sleep. She puts her head in the ground like she's depressed. As far as I can tell her breathing is normal and her stool looks normal as well. She drinks water with sugar juice in it and I gave her some corid in it to dilute it cause I was told to do that. I also let her drink powerade to maybe give her some energy.

I'm feeding her medicated chick starter. And I'm new to have babies so idk if they are disease symptoms. But from other posts it sounds like cocci. She is lethargic. Acting very lazy when normally she is all over the place. She wants to sleep all the time. She stands and walks occasionally. Only to find a new place to sleep. She puts her head in the ground like she's depressed. As far as I can tell her breathing is normal and her stool looks normal as well. She drinks water with sugar juice in it and I gave her some corid in it to dilute it cause I was told to do that. I also let her drink powerade to maybe give her some energy.
If you were raising her alone inside i'm not sure if its cocci, when did she start looking off? How old she was?

Btw, I'm not an expert at diseases at all, but i'm thinking something else causing the problem.

There were two together. I snatched them up as soon as they were dry and fluffy under their momma and put them in a brooder in an enclosed room off the ground with a heating lamp (I live on a horse ranch so they're in the tack room). They are about a week old and she was looking off about two days ago. But she is still alive and breathing well. Just always sleepy. And looks so weak. She wobbles everywhere. Since she got sick I removed the other peachick and made a make shift brooder to keep them separated but that one seems to be normal with a fun personality. I just wish the other would feel better and act the same like she used too.

I live in Georgia. It gets to 100 degrees during the day so I turn the heat lamp off. Then as it starts to cool down (about 6 or 7) I turn the lamp back on and I will post a pic tomorrow if I can. I can describe it though. It was half white substance (idk the correct terms for describing poop lol) and half watery. That seemed normal to me as the other who is fine is doing the same.

There were two together. I snatched them up as soon as they were dry and fluffy under their momma and put them in a brooder in an enclosed room off the ground with a heating lamp (I live on a horse ranch so they're in the tack room). They are about a week old and she was looking off about two days ago. But she is still alive and breathing well. Just always sleepy. And looks so weak. She wobbles everywhere. Since she got sick I removed the other peachick and made a make shift brooder to keep them separated but that one seems to be normal with a fun personality. I just wish the other would feel better and act the same like she used too.
What % is the protein level? It needs to be 20% or above to keep peachicks healthy.

Were you feeding treats along with the medicated chick starter?Are you sure it is eating and drinking ? have you tried to get it to eat wet feed off your finger? weakness is usually a sign of not eating here, sometimes when i move chicks outside to the brooder i have o bring some back in and work with them so they will eat again, sometimes moving them stops them from eating , just what i have seen here, not sure how you do things there,

Back
Top Bottom