Lazy Peachick

I live in Georgia. It gets to 100 degrees during the day so I turn the heat lamp off. Then as it starts to cool down (about 6 or 7) I turn the lamp back on and I will post a pic tomorrow if I can. I can describe it though. It was half white substance (idk the correct terms for describing poop lol) and half watery. That seemed normal to me as the other who is fine is doing the same.
You might want to start in on Corid... Some people have reported that their chicken chicks poop white when they have coccidiosis. You can find Codid Powder in the Cattle section of Tractor Supply. Sulfa drugs are also used to treat coccidiosis, which you will also find at feed stores. Would be best if you could post a picture of it's poop

Is there any way you can take it to a vet?

-Kathy

I'm feeding her medicated chick starter. And I'm new to have babies so idk if they are disease symptoms. But from other posts it sounds like cocci. She is lethargic. Acting very lazy when normally she is all over the place. She wants to sleep all the time. She stands and walks occasionally. Only to find a new place to sleep. She puts her head in the ground like she's depressed. As far as I can tell her breathing is normal and her stool looks normal as well. She drinks water with sugar juice in it and I gave her some corid in it to dilute it cause I was told to do that. I also let her drink powerade to maybe give her some energy.
The Corid powder dose is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.
The Corid liquid dose is 2 teaspoons per gallon.

Which one do you have and I'll explain how to give a drench.

-Kathy

Forgot to say that I do think it's a good idea to feed something with higher protein, though some here feed 18-20% chick starter and their chicks are fine.

-Kathy

Forgot to say that I do think it's a good idea to feed something with higher protein, though some here feed 18-20% chick starter and their chicks are fine.

-Kathy

My peachicks are on a 28% protein medicated game bird starter and they are healthy. I took these a few minutes ago.
I think I have 3 males and one female.

@Birdrain92 remember to change their feed to one with 18% protein after they reach two weeks old, yours looks older anyway. You don't twsited tibia to get in your chicks, i had to cull 4 nice chicks last year because of twisted tibia, and feeding high protein feed for long time is the main reason to cause this.

Last edited:
@Birdrain92 remember to change their feed to one with 18% protein after they reach two weeks old, yours looks older anyway. You don't twsited tibia to get in your chicks, i had to cull 4 nice chicks last year because of twisted tibia, and feeding high protein feed for long time is the main reason to cause this.

I've seen that with Turkey chicks. They are older than two weeks you're correct. I just kept feeding it since my feed bag said to feed to game bird chicks until 6 weeks of age. I've just been following the instructions.

Last year and this year I have fed 23% chick starter because that is the highest percentage medicated feed I can find. The game bird starter/breeder is 28% and that is what I fed the chicks when they came off the medicated starter last year. This year I will supplement the crumbles with scratch grains to bring the protein down to around 20%. Warning, if you mix the two together the birds will throw the crumbles out on the ground looking for the grain...
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom