Lebanon Indiana poultry show!!! Who's all going?

Anyone going to the Dec show??? I'm not sure if we will or not. But since I understand they are there Saturday, but not released till sunday Is that right??? If that is so we probly won't go as I'd hate to spend the night and it is to far to drive home then back the next day.

We are done for the year. I already moved everyone around to get ready for breeding season. If we do go it will just to be to sale the remaining birds we have that we need to move so we have room for more next spring.

Hi,
I loved the show this weekend!!! congrats to the people that planned the show.
My family and I didn't do too badly with best turkey in the open show out of 1 turkey, best variety in blue jersey giants out of one blue jersey giant in juniors and best nankin in open out of one nankin LOL it was alot of fun and 1406 birds was a great number. There were so many nice people at the show.

I have it on my calendar for next year !!

An example of what judges know. There was a guy, Fred Furthing, who brought in two nice Buff Orp cockerels to the Ohio Show. Another show he attended, a few months ago, down south, they had the cockerel who came in second at the ohio Show, finish first down there. Same two birds. Two different opinions. The best judges are the top exhibition breeders. They nit pick over the smallest details. I value their opinions over any judges. Some cases their one in the same. like Doug Akers shows and judges. I value his opinion on Orpingtons. White Rocks, new Hampshire Reds, Welsummers. The man is a walking breed standards book.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom