Lets see photagraphy

Pics
Sure!

My number one complaint was pictures being out of focus. I can think of ONE photo that was STUNNING, even though it was not quite sharp, because it was such a strong image. We printed it 100s, if not 1000s of times, and the photographer made a ton of money on it.

I can think of another photo that was total CRAP because it was sooo out of focus. It was dad walking his daughter down the aisle. Once-in-a-lifetime shot, totally ruined.

Most of what everyone had posted has been outdoors, ie, "natural" light, aka, daylight. The light indoors can be very different in color, as well as intensity, unless you're using flash. Incandescent light is yellow, and some fluorescent light is greenish. Digital cameras usually have something called "white balance," which compensates for that. I saw a lot of pictures of newborn babies taken in hospitals, so the lighting was not great to begin with, and the green tinge from the fluorescent lighting didn't help. Check your white balance.

There's something called "the rule of thirds."
https://www.google.com/search?q=the...i57j0i512l9.9211j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Think of the picture divided into 9 parts: 3 across and 3 down. Those dividing lines, and especially the intersections, are where the eye naturally looks, so put important parts of the picture there. What are the important parts of the picture? Often with people and animals, it's their eyes.

Another thing about eyes. People and animals need "somewhere to look" in a picture. I saw a lot of pictures of people staring right at the border of the print. It got to be a joke at work. We'd put something on the table next to the picture and say, "here's little Joey, looking at the stapler." (Ok, maybe you had to be there, but we laughed.)

Remind me to explain "depth of field" later, if you want to know what that is.
I'm curious, are there many on here that you think are print worthy??

This is one of my all time favorites:
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom