Let's share our chicken decor!

Pics
You can share pics if you like we'll call it live chicken decor
wink.png

Fell in love with her at Hobby Lobby when I was visiting relatives. I was devistated because I'd lost my cc and was waiting on a replacement. So.... I crossed my fingers it would be available near my house. Glad I waited she was 50% two days later! :D

Thanks for the welcome. My chicks are almost 6 weeks old. I guess they're really older than I feel like they are....they've grown so fast.

Last edited:

Fell in love with her at Hobby Lobby when I was visiting relatives. I was devistated because I'd lost my cc and was waiting on a replacement. So.... I crossed my fingers it would be available near my house. Glad I waited she was 50% two days later! :D

Thanks for the welcome. My chicks are almost 6 weeks old. I guess they're really older than I feel like they are....they've grown so fast.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from Middle Georgia! Sorry I missed your new member thread.

I am so, so jealous of your wooden chicken - one of the cutest I have seen - will have to check out Hobby Lobby more often..

I'm in the same non-Hobby Lobby boat as you diva. I don't think there's one with 60 miles of us.
sad.png

I passed up some really cheap wooden chickens the other day - cause I thought I had enough of those. Now wish I had bought them and repainted like the Hobby Lobby one..
hmm.png

Have y'all ever copied a sculpture with paper mache' ? I've done a couple of things and although makes a real mess, turned out fairly well.

Could make a wooden hen double and paint her up..
smile.png

Too many ideas and so little time :(

Your beautiful chicken was certainly a serendipitous find. Hobby Lobby is too far from us.

I'm in the same non-Hobby Lobby boat as you diva. I don't think there's one with 60 miles of us.
sad.png

We have one just a couple of minutes from my house, but IMO they are quite pricey unless you hit a sale. But everything nowadays seems too pricey.

I made a phone case the other day. The ones I saw (that I liked) were too much and I really only want one when I carry my phone out to do chores so, so I made one.

Potholder, thread, button, needle

Fold the potholder in half, stitch up the sides, sew the button on opposite side of the loop

Ta da...a padded phone case, just the right size for my phone and if it only cost me 50 cents for the potholder (I already had the button, thread & needle).

I made a phone case the other day. The ones I saw (that I liked) were too much and I really only want one when I carry my phone out to do chores so, so I made one.

Potholder, thread, button, needle

Fold the potholder in half, stitch up the sides, sew the button on opposite side of the loop

Ta da...a padded phone case, just the right size for my phone and if it only cost me 50 cents for the potholder (I already had the button, thread & needle).
What a great idea and something I could probably do to. Good job!!

@NorthFLChick , Genius idea
clap.gif
so creative. And the rooster potholder is the perfect choice.

@Miss Lydia , Hobby Lobby is the crafter's overdose in supplies and ideas and mucho home decor items. Kinda like MIchael's and JoAnne's mixed together.
I have only been to ours a couple of times and IMO unless you know exactly what you are looking for you could get lost there for days :)

Back
Top Bottom