Lets talk about goats!

Sorry about reviving an old thread.. I just wanted to join. I am getting excited as breeding season approaches, I love seeing those little kids. I currently have meat goats and dairy goats (Boers and Saanens). They are currently together, but I am going to separate them, after I cross them together, so that I don't get the crosses year after year. This year is just a fun little experiment.

Do you milk the Saanens?

Can someone help me figure out what this is on a doei just bought today. Its red and looks irritated right under her anus.
20180908_191618.jpg

Do you milk the Saanens?
I am only in my second year of owning them, and I currently only have one pair. In the first year the doe had a kid, but never gave milk. I do plan on milking her next year if she has milk. I talked to the person I bought her from, who said that her mother was giving 1 gallon of milk per day, so I am really hoping she turns into a good milker!

This thread is to talk about goats! I don't have goats right now but I think I will at the end of this summer! :)
Lets start!

~Mitchell
Yes,goats are pretty cool, they are funny to watch! Just make sure there is plenty of room and grass! What type were you thinking about getting?

I am only in my second year of owning them, and I currently only have one pair. In the first year the doe had a kid, but never gave milk. I do plan on milking her next year if she has milk. I talked to the person I bought her from, who said that her mother was giving 1 gallon of milk per day, so I am really hoping she turns into a good milker!
She had zero milk? You had to bottle feed her kid?

Hey I just got a goat for show season. She is a female Boer goat and has an amazing personality. My first show is in less than a month. I have to have her halter and collared trained by then. iWork with her basically every day.

Hey I just got a goat for show season. She is a female Boer goat and has an amazing personality. My first show is in less than a month. I have to have her halter and collared trained by then. iWork with her basically every day.
Sounds like fun!

Goats in general always need a friend. Do you have a friend for her?

Back
Top Bottom