LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Are you against culling?

I don't think Wind is against culling. But getting straight run means that around half (if not more, if not less) of the chicks would be male. Meaning that to get to the number of females one desires, one will have to buy twice as many chicks, or even more. And more chicks bought means more money spent

I don't think Wind is against culling. But getting straight run means that around half (if not more, if not less) of the chicks would be male. Meaning that to get to the number of females one desires, one will have to buy twice as many chicks, or even more. And more chicks bought means more money spent
Exactly. I'd rather get what I need instead of having to spend on eggs/chicks and then feed and then ending up culling. And with my luck, I'd get all males.

Are you only getting it to diversify your bloodline?
No, I haven't started with this breed. They were going to be my foundation stock.
Or is this a collection of breeds that you don't have?
Considering most of the chickens I have are mutts! :lau

No, I haven't started with this breed. They were going to be my foundation stock.

Considering most of the chickens I have are mutts! :lau
Generally focusing on breed type, it's practical not to have any mutts "currently or future" in the flock. Unless your able to setup pens or large dividers to keep them totally separate. Just something to consider.

Generally focusing on breed type, it's practical not to have any mutts "currently or future" in the flock. Unless your able to setup pens or large dividers to keep them totally separate. Just something to consider.
Oh, they weren't going to be kept with the others. I intended on keeping my lines pure.

Welp, I have a problem...

Went to breed one of my female bunnies, put her in the cage with the buck, and she immediately started humping him!

Pulled her out, and sure enough she'd grown a particularly male appendage. :lau

*sigh* Which leaves me with only one *good* doe. Of my other two, one is too old and small, the other is a bad mother and let two litters die.

Last edited:
Welp, I have a problem...

Went to breed one of my female bunnies, put her in the cage with the buck, and she immediately started humping him!

Pulled her out, and sure enough she'd grown a particularly male appendage.

*sigh* Which leaves me with only one *good* doe. Of my other two, one is too old and small, the other is a bad mother and let two litters die.
What type of rabbits are these?

Back
Top Bottom