LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Should we do favourite duck breeds/species :pop ? Mine are: Ruddy Ducks, Pacific Eiders, Long Tailed ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Wood Ducks, Calls, and Muscovies
Rouen Supremacy!!!

Lol I kid I kid, though Rouens are my favorite. I don't keep ducks anymore, I'm just going nuts with my geese that I keep having to steal eggs from because there's too many of them as it is.

In other incubation news, just candled all 24 eggs. Only 4 duds! Lots of question marks, but I have some good potential here! Also uhhhh something weird happened that I believe may have been my own goof.

One of my embryos (probably my best looking one) is um upside-down. As in, he's developing on the opposite side from the air cell. Uhhhh what do? I currently have him positioned embryo side up, should I flip it around to air cell up?

Rouen Supremacy!!!

Lol I kid I kid, though Rouens are my favorite. I don't keep ducks anymore, I'm just going nuts with my geese that I keep having to steal eggs from because there's too many of them as it is.

In other incubation news, just candled all 24 eggs. Only 4 duds! Lots of question marks, but I have some good potential here! Also uhhhh something weird happened that I believe may have been my own goof.

One of my embryos (probably my best looking one) is um upside-down. As in, he's developing on the opposite side from the air cell. Uhhhh what do? I currently have him positioned embryo side up, should I flip it around to air cell up?
Keep air cell up

Rouen Supremacy!!!

I like exhibition Rouens. I also really like Aylesbury ducks. East indies too. They are quite nice, just not as nice as the non-domestics. And of course, looks only. Personality isn't something I'm taking into account when saying which one I like

I like exhibition Rouens. I also really like Aylesbury ducks. East indies too. They are quite nice, just not as nice as the non-domestics. And of course, looks only. Personality isn't something I'm taking into account when saying which one I like
Exhibition Rouen have those massive guts! YUCK! So does my female Aylesbury. I don't like it. But that's me.

East Indies are absolutely adorable!!!

Exhibition Rouen have those massive guts! YUCK! So does my female Aylesbury. I don't like it. But that's me.

East Indies are absolutely adorable!!!
Doula, my boxy Swedish looks like an exhibition Rouen. Except that she's been like that since she feathered out, I'd be worried it was waterbelly

Update on broody hen.
There's another broody Serama in there with her but somehow they kicked out 2 eggs. Unfortunately they got cold before I found out. I don't know how many eggs are left but I'll be trying to check even more often than I said before
The eggs were probably already dead if they kicked them out, but I don't know much about that.

Back
Top Bottom