Lies Spread Quickly RP

"Looks like we may have another visitor to the homestead," Greymane said with a nod. "I'm going to clean up the field, and get things there finished up."
Greymane turned to walk to the nearby field, tidying up their work and sorting that few sets were left for tomorrow. It was soon time to start animal chores and then dinner cooking, although Greymane was still quite full from that elk.

Tess watched Greymane go. She laid back down to wait for Ash, the new wolf. How long would Ash be staying? Tess wondered. She herself would leave the next morning. No use bothering Greymane anymore. She'd had a hot meal or two; she wouldn't overstay her welcome.

Greymane hummed while he worked. He was very glad of company. He hoped they might decide to stay, so he could have a family, a pack, again. He was too old for a mate, and the little one was too young to be out on her own. Besides, many were stronger than one alone.

~Ash strolled through the dense woodlands in her bare, furless paws- no, wait, feet. She hurdled over the small rise and let herself slide into the valley, her hair swirling up around her like her usual wolfish mane. Putting an amicable grin on her face, she walked over to the other she-wolf, Tess. Greymane seemed to have left, but, then again, her human scent was pitiful and he simply could be out of sight. "Did Greymane go back to his territory- um, homestead?"~

Last edited:
~Ash strolled through the dense woodlands in her bare, furless paws- no, wait, feet. She hurdled over the small rise and let herself slide into the valley, her hair swirling up around her like her usual wolfish mane. Putting an amicable grin on her face, she walked over to the other she-wolf, Tess. Greymane seemed to have left, but, then again, her human scent was pitiful and he simply could be out of sight. "Did Greymane go back to his territory- um, homestead?"~

(Just reposting this because I think it wasn't seen...)

Tess nodded. She tilted her head meaningfully at the human, and swept her tail in the direction Greymane had gone. She began to walk.

Tess nodded. She tilted her head meaningfully at the human, and swept her tail in the direction Greymane had gone. She began to walk. 

~Ash followed after the she-wolf, her bare feet tingling as they adjusted to not having pads and fur. She strolled through the sparse woodlands, automatically trying to scent the unknown up ahead; but feeling immediately foolish as it dawned on her yet again she was a wolf no longer. Ash kept silent, letting Tess show her the way without nettling interruption.~

Last edited:
~Ash followed after the she-wolf, her bare feet tingling as they adjusted to not having pads and fur. She strolled through the sparse woodlands, automatically trying to scent the unknown up ahead; but feeling immediately foolish as it dawned on her yet again she was a wolf no longer. Ash kept silent, letting Tess show her the way without nettling interruption.~

Tess showed Ash to the fields, her pawsteps slow and deliberate. She snuffled delicately at the ground, ignoring the earthy scents and focusing on Greymane's. She followed the odor, and led Ash to the fields where Greymane resided (@Bantambird )

Tess showed Ash to the fields, her pawsteps slow and deliberate. She snuffled delicately at the ground, ignoring the earthy scents and focusing on Greymane's. She followed the odor, and led Ash to the fields where Greymane resided (@Bantambird
 )

Greymane had finished tidying up the rows and gathering what was left of the plantings to be finished tomorrow. "Hello! Glad you both came. It's time to start the animal chores before it gets too late. Now I know these are prey animals, but the chickens give me eggs, which I appreciate mightily. The cow has milk, and the calf can be harvested when he gets big enough to make a number of good meals. An that mule there is stubborn, an if you get in with him an start nippin' his heels, he's liable to kick you square in the jaw. There are a few extra roosters that we could do in though, if you would like fresh chicken dinner tonight. How about it?"

Tess showed Ash to the fields, her pawsteps slow and deliberate. She snuffled delicately at the ground, ignoring the earthy scents and focusing on Greymane's. She followed the odor, and led Ash to the fields where Greymane resided (@Bantambird
 )

Greymane had finished tidying up the rows and gathering what was left of the plantings to be finished tomorrow. "Hello! Glad you both came. It's time to start the animal chores before it gets too late. Now I know these are prey animals, but the chickens give me eggs, which I appreciate mightily. The cow has milk, and the calf can be harvested when he gets big enough to make a number of good meals. An that mule there is stubborn, an if you get in with him an start nippin' his heels, he's liable to kick you square in the jaw. There are a few extra roosters that we could do in though, if you would like fresh chicken dinner tonight. How about it?"

~Ash automatically dipped her head in the compliance gesture of a wolf, then straightened up awkwardly as realization hit her again. "I'm glad I came," she replied brightly, twining a lock of thick hair around her finger. Her gaze fell on something scuttling by her feet. She bit her lip as undeniable blood lust surged through her and swallowed quickly as the chicken darted away tantalizingly.
It's not food. It's not food. It's not food.
She squinted her eyes shut, hoping to erase the mirage of hunting and the chicken simultaneously. Upon opening her eyes, she realized that was a mistake; now the chicken just looked even tastier as it toddled back to the flock of squabbling fowl.
So meaty. So slow.
Narrowing her eyes, Ash tore her gaze from the delectable bird and looked at Greymane, determination coursing through her to keep the wolf within her dormant. "Where do we start?"~

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom