Life In The Land Of Summer~

Haha yeah I know. The title of the thread is actually a play on words as the town I live in is called Summerland. If the property you live on is actually 2000+ acres like you mentioned on your thread than the whole town could almost fit inside it!!
ep.gif
WOW>..lol our town is big though...but I wanna have up to 5 00 chickens soon...that is mainly why I got my bators!!

My incubator arrived the other day!! Its the Little Giant 9300 with egg turners. It was supposed to come with a fan installed but there was a little mixup and I was sent the wrong fan kit. They also accidentally included the IncuTherm Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer which is a HUGE bonus!

I also built new nest boxes yesterday and have been spending this morning trying to convince the RSL ladies to lay in them. Inanna had already laid by the time I went out but Lilith was still on one of the old nests and didn't protest too much when I moved her to one of the new nest boxes. When I checked again half an hour later she had moved to another one of the new nests and laid her egg there. SCORE! hopefully she lays there on her own tomorrow and the other follow suit. I'm still waiting to see if Hera and Isis are going to lay today. I might be able to convince them to lay in the new nests too.
(I filled them to the brim with shavings because I know they are gonna kick a bunch out either way)

My incubator arrived the other day!! Its the Little Giant 9300 with egg turners. It was supposed to come with a fan installed but there was a little mixup and I was sent the wrong fan kit. They also accidentally included the IncuTherm Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer which is a HUGE bonus!

I also built new nest boxes yesterday and have been spending this morning trying to convince the RSL ladies to lay in them. Inanna had already laid by the time I went out but Lilith was still on one of the old nests and didn't protest too much when I moved her to one of the new nest boxes. When I checked again half an hour later she had moved to another one of the new nests and laid her egg there. SCORE! hopefully she lays there on her own tomorrow and the other follow suit. I'm still waiting to see if Hera and Isis are going to lay today. I might be able to convince them to lay in the new nests too.
(I filled them to the brim with shavings because I know they are gonna kick a bunch out either way)
Awesome!! Hope your incubating goes well!! I also just recently received my bators!!
highfive.gif

Was lucky enough to catch Marcus crowing when I had the camera today. Right before and after this video he was facing me crowing right in my face haha
0.jpg

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, dunno if that many people are following along anyways
hu.gif
. So the final count is in and out of 24 straight run chicks I've ended up with 10 pullets and 14 cockerels. Here are the lucky ladies. Lucky because they are officially permanent flock members and soon will all get names!
yippiechickie.gif
A few have names already.

These first two are nearly identical. one has more black on her tail. Hopefully they develop noticeably different combs when they mature.
Unnamed #1

Unnamed #2.

Unnamed #3.

Unnamed #4.

Robin. She is the smallest and the lowest ranked chicken but she is very beautiful.

Unnamed #5. I call her Red for now but she will receive a goddess name soon enough.

Persephone.

Unnamed #6.

Olive.

Unnamed #7.

These 4 cockerels are the lucky guys up for potential permanent flock status. It all depends on how they behave as they mature.
Marcus Aurelius.

No name yet. Nicknamed cuddles because he loves to cuddle.

Zoroaster

No name yet.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, dunno if that many people are following along anyways
hu.gif
. So the final count is in and out of 24 straight run chicks I've ended up with 10 pullets and 14 cockerels. Here are the lucky ladies. Lucky because they are officially permanent flock members and soon will all get names!
yippiechickie.gif
A few have names already.

These first two are nearly identical. one has more black on her tail. Hopefully they develop noticeably different combs when they mature.
Unnamed #1

Unnamed #2.

Unnamed #3.

Unnamed #4.

Robin. She is the smallest and the lowest ranked chicken but she is very beautiful.

Unnamed #5. I call her Red for now but she will receive a goddess name soon enough.

Persephone.

Unnamed #6.

Olive.

Unnamed #7.

These 4 cockerels are the lucky guys up for potential permanent flock status. It all depends on how they behave as they mature.
Marcus Aurelius.

No name yet. Nicknamed cuddles because he loves to cuddle.

Zoroaster

No name yet.

Nice boys and gals!!!

Phew! Long absence again
roll.png
haha. I've been busy with chicks hatching on NYD and processing all of the cockerels except for Marcus and chester last week. Things are much quieter here now with the hatchlings moved to an outdoors brooder and only two voices crowing. All of the young ladies have received names and recently started laying eggs! Olive, coincidentally enough, lays olive coloured eggs!!! Here are some pictures of the flock from this year. I will post some pics of the babies later, or maybe tomorrow lol.

Chester

Marcus

Inanna

Isis

Minerva

Sedna

Iris

Persephone

Chione

Menhit

Robin

Olive