Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
ok thank you....by the way....both are wobbly but are eating and drinking and getting around on their own....the other chicks knock one over and once one pecked at it but it got up and pecked right back and the other let it alone. So I think it was spraddle leg...and I have been holding them up with just their feet touching the floor and holding their legs straight and they ate while I held them up and drank water...now they are going to the food and water on their own...one has a red knee but it looks better also...I think they are going to be fine now.
fl.gif

Last edited:
ok thank you....by the way....both are wobbly but are eating and drinking and getting around on their own....the other chicks knock one over and once one pecked at it but it got up and pecked right back and the other let it alone. So I think it was spraddle leg...and I have been holding them up with just their feet touching the floor and holding their legs straight and they ate while I held them up and drank water...now they are going to the food and water on their own...one has a red knee but it looks better also...I think they are going to be fine now.
fl.gif
I hope so.

AmyLynn...I am back...I have a question...I am hatching chicks again and keep up with each day turning by hand and temperture....then I was think that Tuesday was the 21st day and when I got to looking back I realized I had counted and written down my dates wrong and that as I was turning my eges at noon that this is actually the 20th day... have I killed my little chick babies?

AmyLynn...I am back...I have a question...I am hatching chicks again and keep up with each day turning by hand and temperture....then I was think that Tuesday was the 21st day and when I got to looking back I realized I had counted and written down my dates wrong and that as I was turning my eges at noon that this is actually the 20th day... have I killed my little chick babies?
No, you haven't. I replied to your PM.
wink.png

I think my chick are dead....one hatched and the other 4 had good air sacs but now it looks like they have broken thru but are not moving. I water candled them and 2 floated , one sunk a little, and another sit on the bottom....I did not know if it was the water or the egg moving...but even the one on the bottom seemed to move. Will eggs where the chick has broken thru the sac float?
Please help it is day 23. They all were alive a few days ago, now the air sac looks like it is gone... as if they broke thru...but they are not chirping. Only one has hatched

Last edited:
HelloI I am incubating 42 eggs right now....I will be taking the egg turner out sunday and be ready on wed....I'm very excited.
This is my first time....I sure hope this works... I candled them......I saw only 4 that looked like they were not making.....I'm not sure about adding water or not.
When I started I added water but have not since the first day. My tem. has been right on dot everyday...I want be able to stand this if they don't hatch....
I'll let you know how it goes....I'm new and can use all the help I get.....

I think my chick are dead....one hatched and the other 4 had good air sacs but now it looks like they have broken thru but are not moving.   I water candled them and 2 floated , one sunk a little, and another sit on the bottom....I did not know if it was the water or the egg moving...but even the one on the bottom seemed to move.  Will eggs where the chick has broken thru the sac float?
Please help it is day 23.  They all were alive a few days ago, now the air sac looks like it is gone... as if they broke thru...but they are not chirping.   Only one has hatched

Its been a while since your post. What's going on now?

HelloI    I am incubating 42 eggs right now....I will be taking the egg turner out sunday and be ready on wed....I'm very excited.
   This is my first time....I sure hope this works... I candled them......I saw only 4 that looked like they were not making.....I'm not sure about adding water or not.
When I started I added water but have not since the first day. My tem.  has been right on dot everyday...I want be able to stand this if they don't hatch....
I'll let you know how it goes....I'm new and can use all the help I get.....

Whereabouts are you, and have you been monitoring air cells, and humidity?

Good luck!

Its been a while since your post. What's going on now?
Whereabouts are you, and have you been monitoring air cells, and humidity?

Good luck!
still no more chicks....I cannot see anything in the eggs...they are still warm ...but the air sac looks dark also...the egg is totally black inside......on day 18 I could see the air sac and see movement I only had 5 eggs...one hatched and the others must be dead...but this is day 23 and nothing. I am monitoring every thing and I need the incubator for duck eggs...I wonder if I can put them into the bator with my eggs that have not hatched ...I have had the duck eggs for a few days.
I did the float test tonight and 3 floated but I don't know if they were moving or if the water was shaking....if it was the eggs it was only a slight trimble....one sunk...so I know that 3 have air but they are not doing anything. I was afraid to leave them in the water very long to see if they moved....I had the water at 100 degrees but it was cooling fast.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom