Little Runner

flossyfelix

Songster
Nov 10, 2016
Lumberton, North Carolina
As some of you already know I have been debating for some time whether or not I wanted to add on to my crew. (Pekin Pair) I recently went into TSC & there was a little 3rd wheel- so needless to say, she came home with me! She was yellow so I was thinking she may be a Pekin as well, but it looks like I've got myself a little Runner! Her name is Sassyfras & don't be surprised if she never makes it out of the house to the yard. She has won my husbands heart over...& After being told I would never have a house duck "now way" things are looking up!
1f60a.png
1f917.png
1f609.png
I figured I may as well start a thread for my many pictures, updates, & runner questions!!

AAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAGH I can't stand it. Look at her. She is so cute it isn't ​funny. Note her webs popping out against the green patterned fabric. Notice!! Her smallness. Then her nappy with stuffies after a bathy.

Silly Felix. BTW I love puffy Pekins too.

So if I decide to keep her in the house will the interaction with the others be enough?
Right now you need to keep her inside so she doesn't chill. You have a heat lamp for her?

Take her outside when the weather is warm and let Flossy and Felix see her and her them, they will get use to her when she gets larger. isn't it funny how full grown ducks can be afraid of ducklings.

She is adorable for sure.

PS when my Muscovy hatched my gander [I am not kidding] lol

well I tried vent sexing and guess I didn't do it right because Samatha turned out to be Samson.
hmm.png

Oh yes! Right now she is definitely inside & she has spent sometime in her container outside when it has been 70+° she is doing great! I was actually asking for future reference... like if i decide to keep her as a houseduck. She is getting along so well with everyone I think I've finally won the battle!
1f606.png
1f609.png
I was just wondering how that worked.

I get it! Flossy was Fred for awhile! Lol!
You just better keep those pictures coming lady.. We're all in love here too.
wink.png
You have the rest covered!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom