Livestock Guardian Breed Dogs Available for Adoption.

SB Austex

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Austin
Two of my dogs are rescued Anatolian Shepherds. Anatolians are a livestock guardian breed. The national breed rescue group was just asked to place three dogs under a year old - WHO HAVE HAVE BEEN RAISED WITH CHICKENS AND GOATS. Obviously, I cannot vouch for these specific animals, but it may be a great match for someone here. (I don't trust my dogs with my chickens, but they were NOT raised with chickens.)

"Iowa: Three 9 mo female Anatolians need fosters or adoptions. Have been raised with goats and chickens. We will help with transport within appx 1,000 miles.
Can anyone help? They do not need to stay together."

If you have not worked with rescue organizations before, they are wonderful -- much more concerned about a good match between dog and new home since they are not in it for $ (it is a non-profit org). Here is the link to the rescue site:

http://anatolianshepherdrescue.blogspot … month.html

If they were closer I'd want one!! I'm in MD though.
hmm.png

Oh gosh, I almost sent an e-mail....
But I'm fostering a German Shepherd right now that doesn't get along with other dogs!
sad.png

I wish someone would adopt him already, I'd love to take in one of these girls!

Thanks, Y'all (especially aggieterpkatie for the link correction) -- Please pass the word to anyone who might be interested. For the right home/match, they will try and put together a transport of up to 1000 miles. I don't know the current adoption fee, but there is contact information on the link.

http://anatolianshepherdrescue.blogspot.com/

Boy if i needed more helpers here i would sure get them, they are wonderful dogs and they no dought understand what belongs and what does not.

I hope they find a home on a big farm somewhere they do need lots of room.

They do well in large space, but fine in medium. I'd hate for someone who would be a great match to be turned off by their size. I have less than 1/2 acre and only part of that fenced - they are not showing any signs of lack of exercise or space.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom