Longest Egg Laying Streak

This winter none of my girls went more than 4 days in a row. Now that it's warm I may start keeping track again but Onyxia and Phillie's eggs aren't as easy to tell apart anymore and I'm not home all day anymore to really see whose doing what and when.

I have 4 production RIR's who started laying about a month ago at 20-21 weeks. Since we got 4 eggs on the same day a couple weeks ago it hasn't stopped. I am not home all day, don't know whose eggs are whose, but all are laying every day.

Snoop, Leticia, Dottie and Lemon: DOB 9-23-13; First egg 2-12-14; Current Streak 15 days!

I have 3 Barred Rock hens that started laying on Jan 5th and finally one of them just missed a day of laying on March 17th for the first time. I'm impressed!
D.gif

Marcy is back on an 86 day streak. I can't keep count of others' streaks because its hard now to tell their eggs apart. However, since Marcy and Rosie are the only dark brown egg layers and Rosie's egg is a little different in shape and size I can tell the difference. Also Marcy still lays around 8:00 AM even with the brutal winter. She has lost some weight, although others have lost more. Hopefully they will spring back in Spring.

Marcy's current streak 86-started on Dec 26th 2013.

I have 4 production RIR's who started laying about a month ago at 20-21 weeks. Since we got 4 eggs on the same day a couple weeks ago it hasn't stopped. I am not home all day, don't know whose eggs are whose, but all are laying every day.

Snoop, Leticia, Dottie and Lemon: DOB 9-23-13; First egg 2-12-14; Current Streak 15 days!

Of course at least one of my hens has probably been laying every day since 2-12, but I wouldn't know who it was. For the first 2 weeks we would get one egg, then 2, then 1, then 3, then 2... until we finally got 4 to know that all of them are laying.

S. L, D and L Current Streak 17 days

Marcy is back on an 86 day streak. I can't keep count of others' streaks because its hard now to tell their eggs apart. However, since Marcy and Rosie are the only dark brown egg layers and Rosie's egg is a little different in shape and size I can tell the difference. Also Marcy still lays around 8:00 AM even with the brutal winter. She has lost some weight, although others have lost more. Hopefully they will spring back in Spring.

Marcy's current streak 86-started on Dec 26th 2013.
Marcy broke her streak on April 4th because she was feeling lousy. so streak ended in 99 days.
New streak started April 5th- current streak 2 days.
Meanwhile Rosy started her streak on Mar 11th so she is on her day 28 now
Koko the Australorp started her streak on March 21st, streak=18
Treetrunks the RIR and Flyer and unknown breed banty take a break every 3rd or 4th day.

none of my girls seem to go more than 4 days straight anymore but I don't really pay attention too much. I just make sure they don't skip too many days in a row to make sure they're feeling well.

none of my girls seem to go more than 4 days straight anymore but I don't really pay attention too much. I just make sure they don't skip too many days in a row to make sure they're feeling well.
Thats odd because as far as I remember, you have one black star. She should be laying without a break several weeks, so I think there is something wrong with the food or the environment.

Marcy broke her streak on April 4th because she was feeling lousy. so streak ended in 99 days.
New streak started April 5th- current streak 2 days.
Meanwhile Rosy started her streak on Mar 11th so she is on her day 28 now
Koko the Australorp started her streak on March 21st, streak=18
Treetrunks the RIR and Flyer and unknown breed banty take a break every 3rd or 4th day.
Marcy is still carrying on her streak. It is day #59 for her again.
Rosy broker her streak on May 22. So its day 10 for her again
Koko went broody middle of May and she is sitting on 13 eggs due on June 11

I probably just don't pay attention enough. I just grab eggs. There's almost always 2-4 a day. I just don't really notice anymore. I'm also not the only egg collector anymore. The girls are very healthy. They free range and have quality feed so it's probably just me not paying attention because I have eggs coming out my ears and 4 new chicks to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom