"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

It's a happy day here in New Orleans. I got my first ever egg!!!
yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

It's from my blue hen and black roo Silkies. At least I think the black roo is the daddy. I also have a pair of cuckoo Polish bantams and I saw that roo with my Silkie hen a couple days ago.
Anyway, here are some pictures for you.

Isn't it pretty for a 1st egg?
big_smile.png

Here's mom - Stormey

and dad - Elvis (from Bobbi Porto's Nitro)

So here's a question I have. What do you do with your first egg? Do you try to hatch it or eat it? I'm not sure she's broody yet. I have the egg sitting in the house at room temp for now.

Last edited:
yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

It's from my blue hen and black roo Silkies. At least I think the black roo is the daddy. I also have a pair of cuckoo Polish bantams and I saw that roo with my Silkie hen a couple days ago.
Anyway, here are some pictures for you.

Isn't it pretty for a 1st egg?
big_smile.png

Here's mom - Stormey

and dad - Elvis (from Bobbi Porto's Nitro)

So here's a question I have. What do you do with your first egg? Do you try to hatch it or eat it? I'm not sure she's broody yet. I have the egg sitting in the house at room temp for now.
Congratulations! I usually don't hatch the first eggs when my pullets start to lay - I like to wait until they get a bit bigger, but I'm not sure if that applies to bantam breeds or not.

yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
It's from my blue hen and black roo Silkies. At least I think the black roo is the daddy. I also have a pair of cuckoo Polish bantams and I saw that roo with my Silkie hen a couple days ago. Anyway, here are some pictures for you. Isn't it pretty for a 1st egg?
big_smile.png
Here's mom - Stormey and dad - Elvis (from Bobbi Porto's Nitro) So here's a question I have. What do you do with your first egg? Do you try to hatch it or eat it? I'm not sure she's broody yet. I have the egg sitting in the house at room temp for now.
Congrats on your first egg! You should buy a glass case for it and put it on the shelf. :p

yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
It's from my blue hen and black roo Silkies. At least I think the black roo is the daddy. I also have a pair of cuckoo Polish bantams and I saw that roo with my Silkie hen a couple days ago. Anyway, here are some pictures for you. Isn't it pretty for a 1st egg?
big_smile.png
Here's mom - Stormey and dad - Elvis (from Bobbi Porto's Nitro) So here's a question I have. What do you do with your first egg? Do you try to hatch it or eat it? I'm not sure she's broody yet. I have the egg sitting in the house at room temp for now.
What a beautiful egg! Congratulations! PS I ate mine after it had posed for pics.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I usually don't hatch the first eggs when my pullets start to lay - I like to wait until they get a bit bigger, but I'm not sure if that applies to bantam breeds or not.

Congrats on your first egg! You should buy a glass case for it and put it on the shelf.
tongue.png

What a beautiful egg! Congratulations! PS I ate mine after it had posed for pics.

Thanks! You would think I laid it myself as excited as I am about it.
lau.gif

Hmmm.....glass case or mini-omelet.........
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom