"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

celebrate.gif
[/quo X2!!!!!!!!! For the J team!!!

Last edited:
Hey every body, figured I'd check in here about the capon's . I have been told that Chet's really like capon's and they pay a premium for them. Now I never tried this or would know how . Just some info from an old farmer in Henleyfield,Ms. I hope all goes well with that endeavor . Something that I would like to learn how to do.I have something to say about chicken math today. Who said that anyway? I really don't know but It's real . So here I am rain pouring down at a blistering pace , trying to get to the house so I can get a change of clothes, because as we all know when it's raining it seems your always late for one thing or another, here come Tony with two pulleys and says here my mother-inlaw can't keep these in her neighbor hood. Now I'm in a pickel here . How do you say no? So I take the chick with two GSD's drooling to get to the in the pouring down rain,trying to get to the garage, which buy the way is where I keep their leashes for there walk's. My wife finely gets the dogs in the house and we get the chicks in the garage and start to check the little buggers out. Pam gets a hand full of feed to give them a little snack and man those little suckers gave her a couple of good pecks . Good for a laugh anyway . But on with the story. These little buggers are just about feathered out and really petite . This what we think ,and maybe we are wrong . These little guys have been eating enough. Come to find out they are a product of a whinny little kid wanting peeps and getting his way without any thought about the consequences of his acts. Or his parents for that matter . Got that of my chest . So I guess what I'm saying chicken math is real. Oh yeah it really dosn't help when you are trying leave a little room for a couple of cream legbars that your wife really want!s . Se la vie

C
Hey every body, figured I'd check in here about the capon's . I have been told that Chet's really like capon's and they pay a premium for them. Now I never tried this or would know how . Just some info from an old farmer in Henleyfield,Ms. I hope all goes well with that endeavor . Something that I would like to learn how to do.I have something to say about chicken math today. Who said that anyway? I really don't know but It's real . So here I am rain pouring down at a blistering pace , trying to get to the house so I can get a change of clothes, because as we all know when it's raining it seems your always late for one thing or another, here come Tony with two pulleys and says here my mother-inlaw can't keep these in her neighbor hood. Now I'm in a pickel here . How do you say no? So I take the chick with two GSD's drooling to get to the in the pouring down rain,trying to get to the garage, which buy the way is where I keep their leashes for there walk's. My wife finely gets the dogs in the house and we get the chicks in the garage and start to check the little buggers out. Pam gets a hand full of feed to give them a little snack and man those little suckers gave her a couple of good pecks . Good for a laugh anyway . But on with the story. These little buggers are just about feathered out and really petite . This what we think ,and maybe we are wrong . These little guys have been eating enough. Come to find out they are a product of a whinny little kid wanting peeps and getting his way without any thought about the consequences of his acts. Or his parents for that matter . Got that of my chest . So I guess what I'm saying chicken math is real. Oh yeah it really dosn't help when you are trying leave a little room for a couple of cream legbars that your wife really want!s . Se la vie

Don't get me started on little kids having baby animals that no one knows how to care for, or wants to. Everytime my granddaughter wants another animal, the first question is do I want to take care of this animal? Oh we'll, I'm preaching to the choir on this thread. Lol

There are quite a few threads in the Meat Birds section about caponizing. I have read some. This one has some pics of the process. It was shocking to me when I first saw it. If you do a search and read through some of the threads you can find out what results people get when they do this. I don't know why, but I don't think I could ever have the guts to do it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/675898/graphic-pics-of-my-day-learning-to-caponize

Back
Top Bottom