"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Great tip, topdog!!!! Thanks
highfive.gif

Edited: How much water to use to soak the garlic?
I use a full cup of hot water to soak the garlic in after about 2 hrs, i put in the microwave for 45 seconds and reheat, just before boiling, then let set overnite, it makes a strong solution , about 2tbls to a quart of fresh cool water, after the day is over and i check them before retiring for the night, i replace with fresh water. i have never had a lot of the issues people speek of on most of the groups i am in or on here. I put the remaining solution in my big birds water, at 3/4 weeks, i fix them some ACV water with braggs with the mother along with my older group.

It is finally sunny out in central LA. The chicks first day out in the sun.

Appenzellar Spitzhauben - I wonder if this will be a Roo or Hen? They are almost 1 week old. I love the Mohawk.

Birdman - I used some double-sided tape and mounted the thermometer to the wall. They were pecking at it when I had it on the ground.

Last edited:
Candled the eggs in my incubator last night. I have Rhodebars that I had shipped. Day 10 10/12 with babies! Only 2 clear! Much this time round! I have a reliable thermometer and hydrometer inside the incubator. I found out my genesis was 3 degrees hotter than what it was reading so I fixed that problem and I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity above 25 so I've been adding a touch of water hear and there to keep it in the 30-40 range. Any suggestions? I'd love to do a dry hatch but if I don't add water the humidity drops down to under 20 at times.

Ricrow, isn't 30-40% humidity considered a dry hatch? That's were I'm keeping mine right now. I'm afraid under 30% is too dry(just my thinking anyway). I've read the same thing on a lot of posts on the forum also.

Yeah, topdog, I definitely want some of those. But my hatch rate with this cheapo incubator is not much. I've spent over $100 on hatching eggs in the last 6 mo and have 8 to show for it. And one of those were killed by a predator. This is not counting the $ 75 I spent with DMRippy for 33 eggs and 22 hatched. Super Blue egg layers. She's out of business or I'd order again. I need to make arrangements with a quasy buddy to let me use some space in his big incubator I'll be in touch.
celebrate.gif

Edited for content: One question. The eggs in your carton. Are these the color that the new ones will come out. Or will they be more olive with the Maran mixture. I'm wanting birds that lay blue-green. More so than dark brown.
I would have to say probably most would be green, olive or dark olive, and maybe a brown, i plan on seperating the blue and green egg layers out this time home and putting my blue egg gene roo with them and hatch some straight up blue/ green egg layers, hopefully, it will have to wait until i fill my present orders, i have to fill orders for 12 dzn by the 24th before i separate, then i will wait 30 days before i collect them for blue/green egg layers.

It is finally sunny out in central LA. The chicks first day out in the sun. Appenzellar Spitzhauben - I wonder if this will be a Roo or Hen? They are almost 1 week old. I love the Mohawk. Birdman - I used some double-sided tape and mounted the thermometer to the wall. They were pecking at it when I had it on the ground.
This chick is too cute love the top hair or feathered hat. Lol!

Candled the eggs in my incubator last night. I have Rhodebars that I had shipped. Day 10 10/12 with babies! Only 2 clear! Much this time round! I have a reliable thermometer and hydrometer inside the incubator. I found out my genesis was 3 degrees hotter than what it was reading so I fixed that problem and I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity above 25 so I've been adding a touch of water hear and there to keep it in the 30-40 range. Any suggestions? I'd love to do a dry hatch but if I don't add water the humidity drops down to under 20 at times.

I kept mine at 30% till lock down then went to 40% . 44% was the highest it ever went. Use a sponge if it spikes to high take it and squeeze sum water out. Pam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom