"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
I wish you lived near Sulphur. I have some extra white silkie roosters that I need to get rid of. They are very beautiful chickens and very docile. I will need to take them to the sale barn in Dequincy soon because they fight amongst one another.

Thanks for the offer
smile.png
and my dh did the deed and they are now in chicky heaven poor little sweet hearts by maybe soon I will get some more thanks for the advice and hope everyone has a great night

Quote:
What breed are you looking for and how many?

I wanted to get some call ducks. I like the looks of those and they supposedly have a nice disposition. I also like to eat ducks. I hear muscovys taste good so I might like some of those, but Im concerned about the disposition of the muscovies. I would only want from 10 to a dozen of them.

I think Mike has call ducks. About the muscovys, you may want to go with less than 10. They multiply like rabbits. LOL.
Once the girls start laying eggs and hatching, it all goes downhill from there. lol. Just joking. If u can control the number that hatches, u will be ok. That was my problem. I let it get out of control but at the same time I have enough duck in the freezer for me and will be processing 30 more, so as far as meat, I'm stocked. Duck gumbo is yummy.

Here -- we need a little humour here!

The top 31 things that you will never hear a Southern boy say:

31. When I retire, I'm movin' North.
30. Oh I just couldn't. She's only sixteen.
29. I'll take Shakespeare for $1000, Alex.
28. Duct tape won't fix that.
27. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.
26. We don't keep firearms in this house.
25. You can't feed that to the dog.
24. That car is too old and unsafe to drive.
23. Wrestling is fake.
22. We're vegetarians.
21. Do you think my gut is too big?
20. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.
19. Honey, we don't need another dog.
18. Who gives a rat's ass who won the Civil War?
17. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
16. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
15. I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today.
14. Trim the fat off that steak.
13. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
12. The tires on that truck are too big.
11. I've got it all on the C: DRIVE.
10. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
9. My fiance, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.
8. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
7. Checkmate
6. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.
5. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.
4. I don't have a favorite college team.
3. You guys.
2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Becky Mae.....darlin'

AND THE NUMBER ONE THANG THAT YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A SOUTHERN BOY SAY:

1. Nope, no more for me. I'm driving!

Quote:
I wanted to get some call ducks. I like the looks of those and they supposedly have a nice disposition. I also like to eat ducks. I hear muscovys taste good so I might like some of those, but Im concerned about the disposition of the muscovies. I would only want from 10 to a dozen of them.

I think Mike has call ducks. About the muscovys, you may want to go with less than 10. They multiply like rabbits. LOL.
Once the girls start laying eggs and hatching, it all goes downhill from there. lol. Just joking. If u can control the number that hatches, u will be ok. That was my problem. I let it get out of control but at the same time I have enough duck in the freezer for me and will be processing 30 more, so as far as meat, I'm stocked. Duck gumbo is yummy.

The muscovies are pretty big so a half dozen would be plenty to start with. Im jealous that you have so many ducks to eat. If you were closer I would buy some meat from you. I miss eating duck gumbo. It is rare that you find duck for sale in the grocery store. I used to hunt them but its been years since I did that. Next Spring I will get some eggs from you to hatch some if you still have them. Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom