Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

John 20:11-17

11¶But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Luke 24:5-7

5And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
Mark 16:6

6And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
Matthew 28:5-7

5And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Last edited:
Well, happy Easter everyone. I'm not a religious person, so maybe I should just say happy chocolate day.

Enjoy your sugar comas, I am well on the way to creating some with hot cross buns proving on the kitchen table, and chocolate shortcake shortly....

Religious or not, I hope you will enjoy the music of these videos.... Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Happy Easter every one!
Well I had two more hatch over night. One of them is looking a little weak but it hatched probably only in the last hour or so. I did transfer everything that was unhatched from the styrobator to the Brinsea last night so I could get the styrobator ready for the turkey hatch. Ugh I had no idea how hard it would be to clean one of those. It is all clean and disinfected and I have the turkey eggs in the turner right now waiting for the set. I will post my numbers a little later. I want to make sure that the weak one is going to make it and I think I have one that started zipping and is stuck. I am going to check those two out and then I think the Easter hatch will be complete.

Things are not going well.

I woke to a sick chick: eyes closed, "gasping" with the mouth although I realize that is not for breathing. It will drink, but doesn't open its eyes.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong. If you know, please tell me.

hit.gif

now i am getting nervous! we started hearing peeps inside the eggs late lastnight (1030ish), but so far there is not a pip to be seen in any of the eggs. how long between hearing the noises from inside the eggs and hatching? when should i start to worry about what i did wrong? i hace felt pretty relaxed throughout most of this hatch ( with the exception of a couple spikes of nerves and excitement, of course!) but these last few hours are enough to kill me!

Okay so this morning one of my americauna/wyandotte eggs has pip type thing toward the middle part of the egg but closer to the round end. It has yolk draining out of it, did the chick die after it pipped and the yolk is coming out, or what's going on? Any ideas? Is there any way I can save it or is it too late? These guys were supposed to hatch yesterday, the temp is 97-99 F and the humidity is %60. It's a LG incubator,still air

Happy Easter!

I'm hoping my hatch is not entirely finished. I couldn't even see into the incubator anymore, so this morning I pulled out the chicks. The remaining eggs were all the ones I marked with an "X", because they didn't look normal when I candled. Most were kind of stuck in the egg carton, from all the sticky residue left by the hatchers.

Thanks, SCG, for the tip about holding them to your ear and tapping on them. I picked up the Ameraucana, no response. Picked up the Basque and tapped, loud chirp! This freaked me out, so I never checked the other eggs. Just dumped in some water and slipped the cover back on.

Second incubator has some eggs that pipped and quit. One pipped on the bottom, the other, I don't know what happened, but I left them in there for now.

Good luck to everyone still in mid- hatch!

Things are not going well.

I woke to a sick chick: eyes closed, "gasping" with the mouth although I realize that is not for breathing. It will drink, but doesn't open its eyes.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong. If you know, please tell me.

hit.gif

ChestnutRidge is the chick too hot? Maybe see if it will take some of the baby parrot food? Wish I could help more.
hugs.gif

now i am getting nervous! we started hearing peeps inside the eggs late lastnight (1030ish), but so far there is not a pip to be seen in any of the eggs. how long between hearing the noises from inside the eggs and hatching? when should i start to worry about what i did wrong? i hace felt pretty relaxed throughout most of this hatch ( with the exception of a couple spikes of nerves and excitement, of course!) but these last few hours are enough to kill me!

I heard peeps coming from internal pippers hours before they externally pipped. After they cheeped for a little bit, they were quiet. I would just wait and see. Everything may just be fine.

Okay so this morning one of my americauna/wyandotte eggs has pip type thing toward the middle part of the egg but closer to the round end. It has yolk draining out of it, did the chick die after it pipped and the yolk is coming out, or what's going on? Any ideas? Is there any way I can save it or is it too late? These guys were supposed to hatch yesterday, the temp is 97-99 F and the humidity is %60. It's a LG incubator,still air

I don't know about the one that has yolk draining out of it. It may not make it. It sounds like your temps are a little low. I think still air is supposed to be around 100.5? The humidity sounds fine. Are your air vents open?

Back
Top Bottom