Maine

Wow. So sorry. My plants are smaller this year, so I've not had to go to the great lengths to keep them upright. Though plenty of vines have escaped their caging and are sprawled across the BTE mulch. By far, my favorite caging method is cattle panels. Hubby cuts a 16' length into (3) 5' sections, leaving the tangs from each cut in place. Those tangs can then be pushed into the soil, 2 pieces placed about 12 - 15" apart with the tomatoes planted in the middle.

Hello all!
I'm new to BYC and I wanted to introduce myself after Lazy Gardener helped answer one of my questions on a different thread and pointed me towards this thread :)

My now husband and I moved to Southern Maine last October from New York City and this spring I got it in my head I wanted to raise chickens :celebrate. I grew up in NH and had horses and chickens but I've been a city girl for some time. Now I'm converting back over to a country girl.

We have 7-21 week old pullets- 3 White Austras & 4 EEs. I have been obsessively checking for eggs the last few weeks and yesterday I found the first one!! Woohoo It was a tad thin and cracked but it was probably the highlight of my week :D.

I've been stalking BYC for quite awhile and figured I should join!

Hello all!
I'm new to BYC and I wanted to introduce myself after Lazy Gardener helped answer one of my questions on a different thread and pointed me towards this thread :)

My now husband and I moved to Southern Maine last October from New York City and this spring I got it in my head I wanted to raise chickens :celebrate. I grew up in NH and had horses and chickens but I've been a city girl for some time. Now I'm converting back over to a country girl.

We have 7-21 week old pullets- 3 White Austras & 4 EEs. I have been obsessively checking for eggs the last few weeks and yesterday I found the first one!! Woohoo It was a tad thin and cracked but it was probably the highlight of my week :D.

I've been stalking BYC for quite awhile and figured I should join!
Welcome over! :frow

Back
Top Bottom