Making a feather pillow

Quote:
If I were making one...this is how I'd do it too!
smile.png
Not plucking my indoor babies.
big_smile.png

What she said.

Ok, now how do u go about cleaning the feathers. Although mine were not dirty. I am sure there are little dirt particles that I.could not see.

Quote:
If I were making one...this is how I'd do it too!
smile.png
Not plucking my indoor babies.
big_smile.png

Can you pick some off the ducks?

Quote:
I wouldn't collect feathers from the ground, they would be dirtier and it would take FOREVER to get enough.

Well, I wouldn't kill a duck so that is my only choice. I can wait and they aren't dirty at all. Besides, in two months I've got 3 large ziplocks full of dry clean fluffy feathers.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wouldn't collect feathers from the ground, they would be dirtier and it would take FOREVER to get enough.

Well, I wouldn't kill a duck so that is my only choice. I can wait and they aren't dirty at all. Besides, in two months I've got 3 large ziplocks full of dry clean fluffy feathers.

Thats cool! Can you pull a few every now and then off on a duck?

Quote:

Thats cool! Can you pull a few every now and then off on a duck?

You could, but whats the point? Your only getting one feather.

Quote:

You'll probably need like 25 ziplock bags to make even a small pillow.

D'Angelo N Va. :

Where do u get the pillows from to make the feather pillows? Is that a stupid question?

You can buy special fabric from the store that is made for feather pillows, then you just cut and sew them into the size you want.​

I plan on sluatering some ducks in spring and keeping those feathers. I want to make four good sized pillow for me and my family.

Back
Top Bottom