Making the most of it.

Wait for him to go to roost and snatch him up from there -- grab him by the legs, this gives you control of him as you can always hang him upside down away from you to avoid pecking and wing flogging --- the leg hold also makes dropping him into a kennel easier
That I can do!!!!! He has inch long little spurs on his legs. Im not to worried about the girls.

Well, I think tonight will be our last night here. We rented a storage unit and have most stuff packed and out of the way.. I just have a couch that I am going to dump on Sunday anyway and our tv's and x boxes left in the house. The dogs dont know what is going on and are nervous and whiny... but it will all be okay. Thank God I have my folks... I just imagine all those that have no plan B.... They end up sleeping in their cars or homeless.... thats a tough pill to swallow.

Thank you all for your kind words. It means the world to me.
Some good news, for a change.
thumbsup.gif

I have a big, snotty hen and whenever I have to check her over, I go out when she's on the roost and throw a towel over her and wrap her real quick like a burrito. Then I hold her like a football and I can pull her feet out, put drops in her mouth, check her vent or whatever and she can't flap because her wings are pinned down.

I have a big, snotty hen and whenever I have to check her over, I go out when she's on the roost and throw a towel over her and wrap her real quick like a burrito.  Then I hold her like a football and I can pull her feet out, put drops in her mouth, check her vent or whatever and she can't flap because her wings are pinned down.

I think that will be the best bet. I use to be able to hold him but he got ornery. Poor dude is headed for the pot.

Has it been 20 days already?!?!
Best of Luck to yas.
I use both hands and hold the wings to the body so they can't thrash them and get all agitated.

Back
Top Bottom