Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
Wow! Congratulations of 13 babies! That is awesome :)

Here are a couple of pics of my pair, hoping to breed this season, fingers crossed :)

They are beautiful. And your are for the ducks is really cool! Some day I'd love to have something like this. Right now I don't have a set up for mandarins. We have all sorts of other ducks and geese here at the farm. I'd die to have some mandarins!

Well sad day here. The babies must have been out in the rain and cold too long yesterday. Lost 4 babies overnight. Hopefully the rest are going to be ok. This is why I really do not want to sell them yet. I would feel terrible if someone bought them and then they died.

Oh I'm so sorry! I was worried about the same thing happening here, but their mama is so good. She leads them into our attached huge doghouse every time it's rained and they end up being safe, dry and warm in there...they have their crumbles in there too, so they can eat too. She's sooo good of a mama!
I hope your others do fine now.
Lisa

Oh I'm so sorry! I was worried about the same thing happening here, but their mama is so good. She leads them into our attached huge doghouse every time it's rained and they end up being safe, dry and warm in there...they have their crumbles in there too, so they can eat too. She's sooo good of a mama!
I hope your others do fine now.
Lisa
Thanks. Geeze, why couldn't the mother keep track of her kids! The ducklings seem fine, eating and drinking but apparently there is something going on that can't be seen. Hoping for the best now.

They are beautiful. And your are for the ducks is really cool! Some day I'd love to have something like this. Right now I don't have a set up for mandarins. We have all sorts of other ducks and geese here at the farm. I'd die to have some mandarins!

Thanks :) I try to give them a natural little habitat to hide away in!
If you can get your hands on some Mandarins I highly recommend you go for it! They are stunning birds

I will be ordering some wing bands for peafowl, leg bands for peafowl, and leg bands for waterfowl. Still do not know about sizes but will let you know when I find out. Why would you need a wing band for a duck? That is common with peafowl, but leg bands are more common with ducks. I would not try putting that on a duckling due to the wing being quite small and undeveloped, unlike a peachicks wing.

Yes they will lay in the spring. You will definitely love them. At first it can be hard with the ducklings if you are artificially incubating, but you will get the hang of it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom