Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Oh no don't worry about it. I personally think it would be best for them to buy within state as local pickup is better in my opinion than shipping.

Okay, I will keep you in mind. I think BlueCreek will have some available this fall, so I will purchase a pair mostly likely from them unless you have some in the fall and then I can avoid the stress of shipping. When do you usually have hatchlings ready? Do you hatch just in the spring or do you have them in the spring and fall?

I would rather pick up locally, but if I cannot find a pair where I can pick them up I would like to purchase a pair from you this fall, so please keep me on your waiting list and when they become available we can get in touch. I know shipping is stressful on birds, so I would like to avoid that if possible, I'm sure you can understand as well.

Oh, okay, I wasn't sure if they laid like my runners, they lay eggs for a while, so I get quite a few eggs from them. I will definitely let you know if I do not have any mandarins by next spring, so I can purchase some, I would definitely rather purchase locally, but I was really hoping to get some this year, we'll see. I'm going to talk to Blue Creek this fall and see what they have available and I figure I have until then to decide if I want to risk shipping. Thank you again!

My mandarin already laid one clutch this year and is showing signs of possibly laying again. I have a raised box for her but when she laid the first time she used my ground box to incubate the eggs

Back
Top Bottom