Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

I found this site by accident and absolutely love it! I've spent several hours reading every page of this thread and learned a wealth of info since I am new to Mandarins. I've gotten a lot of ideas from the pics on how to build an oasis for my Mandies and am looking forward to building it within a few weeks. For now, my babies live in a screen tent lined with big rocks and a kiddie pool.
My little guys are friendly and let me hold them and rub under their beaks, the top of their heads and around their eyes. This always puts them to sleep. I also constantly "talk" to them by imitating their sounds. They always come over to me and talk to me when I do this.
Thank you all for your posts!

Wow congrats! I hope mine are that friendly, I'm picking them up tomarrow with woodies. I'll take pics of them and my aviary tomarrow and put them up on here

I found this site by accident and absolutely love it! I've spent several hours reading every page of this thread and learned a wealth of info since I am new to Mandarins. I've gotten a lot of ideas from the pics on how to build an oasis for my Mandies and am looking forward to building it within a few weeks. For now, my babies live in a screen tent lined with big rocks and a kiddie pool.
My little guys are friendly and let me hold them and rub under their beaks, the top of their heads and around their eyes. This always puts them to sleep. I also constantly "talk" to them by imitating their sounds. They always come over to me and talk to me when I do this.

Brats in the roasting pan..

Rick & Lauren sharing a snack

And a very fun video.. Enjoy
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-byc-getting-his-groove-on-in-a-wedding-dance

what age is your boy?

I'm not sure how the last 3 pics got on my post, since they aren't mine, nor were they posted by me. I posted 6 pics, the last one is my boy and 2 girls sitting together... My boy is 5 months.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom