Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
Mike L:
The white ones aren't rare at all...some might even call them 'junk' (NOT ME)!
love.gif

Capt. Destin: I wish you had kept those apricot Mandarins alive, I think they were the FIRST in North America which would have been awesome. On my next import from Europe I'm going to do all mutations: Black and apricot mandarins, white pintails and maybe blonde red-crested pochards (one of my favorite ducks and colours).
wee.gif
wee.gif

Keep up the good work everyone! I hope you all have super success!
thumbsup.gif

DT

The two apricots are alive living up an hour from here. I got the split hen from a friend in Tennessee. He has 3prs of apricot mandies. Im pretty sure he has some of the blond pochards too. (but not 100% sure).I got my regular red crested off another person in tennessee and I cant remember which one had em. Iwould love to see white pintails. I like my silver bahamas so Im sure the north americans would be cool. I saw on another thread where you liked mutations. I hate to say it but most everyone I know (including myself) just either put them down or let them go. If you ever want mutations all you have to do is ask the breeders if they will keep them for you. I know me or my friends would be more than happy to get rid of them for a fair price rather than ditching them. Im just curious how silvers of anything get started. No one seems to know.

Dr. Todd :

Mike L:
The white ones aren't rare at all...some might even call them 'junk' (NOT ME)!
love.gif

Capt. Destin: I wish you had kept those apricot Mandarins alive, I think they were the FIRST in North America which would have been awesome. On my next import from Europe I'm going to do all mutations: Black and apricot mandarins, white pintails and maybe blonde red-crested pochards (one of my favorite ducks and colours).
wee.gif
wee.gif

Keep up the good work everyone! I hope you all have super success!
thumbsup.gif

DT

I know the silver baikals are mainly from europe but wondered if you had imported any into the U.S.?
How hard is it to import from Europe?

I would love some Apricot mandarins
droolin.gif
tongue.png

Destin do you know how much he sells his apricots for?​

Last edited:
Im pretty sure just a little more than regulars. They really arent all that.The hens look good though. He's not really into his either. It wouldnt surprize me if he has already got rid of his breeders this year. He has been cutting back on alot since last year. He wants to do the bronze and freckled ducks.

Last edited:
Could someone post a pic of apricot mandarins? I don't believe I've seen one... My mandarin hen is sitting on 13 eggs, some hers and some from another, less responsible hen. She would flirt it up with the boys, stay out drinking all night, and bring home her boyfriends... Not a good influence on her eggs!
wink.png
I'm thinking they are all mandarin eggs, but I do have some wood ducks in there too... Thats all I've had lay out of Chiloe Wigeon, Ring teal, and two pair or wood ducks...

I wanna leave the ducklings with the hen, but will the wood ducks, wigeon, or other drake mandarin kill them? The pen has two ponds and is 14'X35', so pretty good sized. And her drake is very good at keeping the others away from her... Will he help with the ducklings?

Travis

It would probably work Travis. Just set and watch em for a while. The boy wont help with the rearing. The more I look at those black mandies the more I think crosses though.

Last edited:
I'll let her keep them this year and I'll let ya'll know if I have a problem... At least if they hatch out, but out of 13 eggs, I'm sure to get some! June 1st is the supposed hatch date, and I haven't candled the eggs yet, probably should, huh?

Those apricot hens look great, but the drakes in both the apricot and black are wierd lookin... I'm not intersted in em...

And I have a ring teal egg in a nest box now! Better late than never, right?

Thanks for the help, Destin!

Travis

Back
Top Bottom