Manx Cats

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. If she's had a litter before and she was chubby to start, she may not be that far along. If it's noticeable, then yes she is probably more than halfway. Personally, I wont spay if they look more than halfway. It bothers me after that, plus the risks are a bit higher to the mom then.

Quote:
Low cost clinics will, usually with no or a very small upcharge. When I was calling around for info on spaying the prego barn cat we inherited with the house, they really wanted me to bring her in, even though I told them she was going to drop kittens any day. I was just calling for info so I could make plans and start setting aside $ to get her and all kittens done when the time came. I cant spay when I know they are ready to give birth any moment.

Quote:
Keep that girl under lock and key till she is spayed!! They can be impregnated while they are still nursing! But they cant be spayed till their milk dries up.
Check with your local shelters and see if there are any low cost clinics near you for when the time comes. many will also spay/neuter very young kittens, so you could get them done before they leave and know it gets done!

My bob tailed cat was the only bob tail in the litter (bob tailed mom) of 5. I doubt it had anything to do w/ her bob tail, but she was a terrible mother, my cat is the only surviving kitten, didn't help that they were also premies and had an irisponsible owner. Teddy's tail is really just a bump, but there is some skin on the end that makes it look alittle longer.

And our clinic will spay pg animals, have a dog being done tomarrow, supposed to be 4-5 weeks along, but looks farther. We've had them in ready to deliver within days, I generally avoid being anywhere around when they do them. And we had my Dad's feral barn cat spayed while her kittens were only around 5 weeks old. That part was off topic, back on...

When I was growing up we were given a bobtailed cat who became Dad to all the barn cat litters from then on (until he was gone and his screw tailed son took over), generally there were always a few bobs and screw tails in every litter, I would say about 1/3 of the litter had short tails (either bobbed or screw). But never a full rumpie.

can we have a picture of these manx cats? ive never seen one but am intrigued at the thought of a tailess cat? can they climb trees and balance along fence tops as good as a tailed cat? (thought tail was for balance?)

Back
Top Bottom