Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Awww now that is truly nice when you can share the experience with you young children and it is something they will remember the rest of their lives
wee.gif

I'm looking to get some Marans. I was wondering what the difference if any is between Black Marans and Black Copper Marans?

Black Marans are a solid black bird. Black Copper have a copper coloration in the hackle of the hen and male feathers of the cockerel.

We have found ourselves with of a mix of Wheaten and White Maran eggs. (Also known as " my DH can't say no to an egg".). If we are lucky enough to get them to hatch, is there any way to tell the chicks apart? Would we be able to tell as the first set of feathers come in the first week?

We don't have the space to raise them for long so hoping for some experienced advice.

We have found ourselves with of a mix of Wheaten and White Maran eggs. (Also known as " my DH can't say no to an egg".). If we are lucky enough to get them to hatch, is there any way to tell the chicks apart? Would we be able to tell as the first set of feathers come in the first week?

We don't have the space to raise them for long so hoping for some experienced advice.

It will be easy to tell the difference in the chicks, when you have them post a picture.

My 18 week old black copper Marans had a tail when she was 2 weeks old , all the feathers came out and have not grown back since what's wrong this is not just a molt is it? It's been do long I don't think it is but correct me if I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom