Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hello everyone! I am working on a little project and I need y'all's help. Can you please take a picture of an egg from your chicken after the egg has been cracked open or in half? The project is intended to demonstrate how eggs have a base color and a coating, so please include the inside color and the outside color of your egg. It can be on a plate, in a bowl, on some news paper, in the grass or even in the frying pan when you're getting ready for breakfast. Use your imagination. Thank you for your contributions! Lavender

EDIT: Please remove the inner membrane so the true color of the shell can be seen on the inside.

I have an copper maran rooster that is 4 wks old. So looking to trade him for a pullet He's pretty nice feathered legs. I live in western ky

Hi I am new to raising chickens. I have a few marans I purchased because I wanted some variety in my egg color and they are beautiful birds. Here are a few photos.I am excited to learn more about them.

I have 1 blue copper Marans rooster and 2 laying hens (1 other died) and we recently hatched 7 more. We can't wait to see what colors the new chicks will end up. I wish our eggs were darker. They average about 4-5 on scale. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do. They are pretty chicks.

Hello everyone! I'm new to Marans and am hoping to learn a lot from this thread. I have two 4 month old girls in quarantine from a breeder right now - a black (bbs) feather legged and a golden cuckoo clean legged. Can't wait to learn about this breed and see how they grow up!

Thanks! :)

I am heart broken. My cuckoo maran is crowing and the cock collar did not work on him. He rips it of within 20 minutes or the ladies peck it off. I just hope to find him a good home. He is 10 weeks and has been crowing since 4 weeks old.

Now that I've had these pullets a couple days I'm thinking they're closer to 12 weeks than 16. Only slight coloring of the wattles, no other development. What do you think?

They're pretty big bodied, so I'm sure they aren't under 12 weeks, just not the 16 I was told, unless marans are very slow developers?

Kutley
"
I have an copper maran rooster that is 4 wks old. So looking to trade him for a pullet He's pretty nice feathered legs. I live in western ky"

How do you know for sure that "he" is for sure a he?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom