MarineCorpFarmr Egg BOMB, A new Beginning! Follow along in his journey to a new flock!

UGGGHHHH!!! They only had a few days to go too. :hit

I can get those goose eggs for you in about a month if you still want them. If you are buying those & paying shipping I'll try to toss you some turkey & ancona in with them.

For sure :) my turkeys have laid a whole 2 eggs in the last 3 days... I do have geese sitting on eggs right now, but the plan was to sell what I incubated and let the geese raise a couple dozen babies and expand the flock for next year. Really needed the income from them tho... were about out of feed for all the critters human ones included. This move to the new place wasnt cheap but it was truly necessary. Now the problem being the old landlord owes us more then 600 bucks and the psycho is refusing to pay up.. empty promises is all this woman has been.... You get told "oh we'll give you some room for your animals... I asked for 15 feet of grass behind my coop for the sheep... even laid out temp fence posts with string. Came home one day to find the posts all ripped down and thrown all over. The last month and a half there we couldnt even let our kids play outside... without them or us being yelled at over it. Now they have 5 acres they can roam all over and not be yelled at for being kids. Guh... stress :/

Quote:
I know the feeling. I've dealt with 4 different psycho landlords in the past 2 years. The current is tolerable but wants to sell the house instead of rent & it doesn't look like we're gonna have the down payment in time...so we are looking to move by the end of June. I'm so sick of crazy people!!! I owe so many different places money right now it isn't even funny. Lost my license over part of it & them my SO totaled my car a month ago...so we're 15 miles from anything in the middle of nowhere with no way to get to the store or anything. I tossed my roommate out yesterday over the $600 she owed me & never made any effort to pay. I'm sick of being taken advantage of. We live off of my disability. It can't support 2-3 moochers!!!

Dang... Sounds like my luck. Finally got my truck back from the shop after over a month.. between trying to get all new fencing up here and get the sheep moved out to the front grass so they can eat, and finally getting back to work, I havent had time to even think straight lately. off to a job now to start on planting 12 trees and about 100 other plants :/ its gunna be another long as hell day

Right now, I have a crap load of chicks hatching, but I make the money off of the turkeys & ducks. I managed to keep ahold of 2 poults to grow out for myself so far this year but every duckling is spoken for & the rest of the poults have all sold before they were 48 hrs old...$15 each & no one has even questioned my prices. I just set 20 shipped turkey eggs, heritage mixes. I have no doubt they will also sell quite quickly. I have a waiting list for my anconas ($15 each) & my calls ($10 each). This is the time of the year the birds help pay for their feed bills...LOL

Right now, I have a crap load of chicks hatching, but I make the money off of the turkeys & ducks. I managed to keep ahold of 2 poults to grow out for myself so far this year but every duckling is spoken for & the rest of the poults have all sold before they were 48 hrs old...$15 each & no one has even questioned my prices. I just set 20 shipped turkey eggs, heritage mixes. I have no doubt they will also sell quite quickly. I have a waiting list for my anconas ($15 each) & my calls ($10 each). This is the time of the year the birds help pay for their feed bills...LOL

lol very true. The only thing we have right now that i am not keeping hold of is the barred rocks. Even with them I will probably keep about 20 br roos destined for freezer camp

Quote:
Yep, extra roos will be filling my freezer. Plus the other 17 meaties. I had 19, but processed 2 Sat morning to be Easter dinner. They were actually pretty good size already at 7 weeks. I have 8 more from that group & 9 that are 2 weeks behind. Think I'll process 3-4 at a time as they reach the size I want until I get them all to camp, then I can start on the extra roos closer to the end of summer & early fall.

You didn't blow away did you???

d*** near.. just got net back up. Didn't take a direct hit but pretty d*** close. monsoon like rains the last 2 weeks only slowed things down even more. weather wiped out 40 birds... GUH! 25 of em drown under the chicken house when the flood water came up. And while trying to fix the pen where water and debris knocked down the fence something got in and killed all 3 of my full grown roosters a goose and all 5 remaining turkeys ><..... This battling s*** gets real old real quick. domino failures on the incubator. first the controller failed with the heat on.. cooked 14 dozen eggs including 36 goose eggs. hooked up my backup controller.. ran good for 2 weeks. got more eggs etc etc.. heating elements fail.. ARG! all thats fixed now tho. have the last 5 turkey eggs in there now. Only bright side is i did manage to get 3 small donation flocks out. 2 meat birds and 1 pet/egg birds. 65 birds. not great but its a start.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom