Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
5329 Mondell Rd. Sharpsburg, MD. 21782
10091_215.jpg

When: Saturday, June 18th from 8am-4
Cost: $8 a space This cost will help offset cost of the event and your ticket will give you a chance at the many door prizes we will hand out throughout the day. Door prizes include, feed, TSC gift certificates, birds, hatching eggs, products, etc.

Here's a shot of the field we'll be using.
10091_044.jpg

We'll be advertising to the public like we always do but, we're kicking it up a notch. We'll be advertising through the Poultry Press publication, BYC banner, MD newspapers, flyers in feed stores, email lists, craigslist, you name it! Im sure we'll have a great crowd of buyers but, we'll also have some fun stuff to do besides just selling chickens. Sales will be the main focus but we'll also have

pony rides and a moonbounce for the kids as well as an ice cream stand and games.

The "Exhibition Clinic" which will help newbies learn the ropes of showing in a relaxed atmosphere. APA licensed judge, Paul Gilroy will give us a brief explanation of what makes a bird show quality. He will discuss how to keep birds healthy, happy and in good condition to prepare for show season and some of our more seasoned exhibitors will assist with helping newbies learn the ropes and help save this hobby so many of us adore.

Anyone can "enter." The cost is $2 per bird. Contact Majestic Lane Poultry if you'd like to participate.

We will also have a representative from the state give us a "lesson in Biosecurity" complete with leaflets and will help everyone better understand what threats are out there and how to protect our flocks.

A table devoted to our love of heritage poultry will help others become more aware of them and what it is that we love about them

Of course there will be food!! Bring a dish or donate to Pap Pap who will be doing barbecue chicken on the smoker!

ANYTHING FARM RELATED IS WELCOME IN THE SALES AREA
poultry, waterfowl, gamebirds, cages, coops, equipment, goats, bunnies, produce, vegetable and flower plants, crafts, horse riding equipment, anything!

This is going to be such a blast! Show/Fair rules do apply in regards to bringing in poultry. Everyone must either be npip and have a negative AI (avian influenza) test on the parent flock OR come to our TESTING CLINIC to have a few of your breeders tested for FREE!

If you'd like to post what you'll be bringing, I can keep our site updated. This has helped bring in traffic so much. By two weeks out when that list is two pages long, the excitement can hardly be contained
big_smile.png
So, who's in!

Flyer - for printing http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/msbear33/theswapflyer1.jpg

theswapflyer1.jpg

THE LIST

black rosecombs
welsummers and hatching eggs
delawares and hatching eggs
jumbo coturnix quail chicks and hatching eggs
bantam cochins
white leghorn pullets
cart coop
yard tractor coop
silkie chicks (exhibition lines)
Polish (exhibition lines)
dutch (exhibition lines)
australorp chicks
1-2 mottled Java roo chick(s)
EE roo
1-2 white (hatchery) Silkie
More silkies from breeder in southern MD
wire cages for rabbits or bantams
Red Bourbon Turkey a
rhode island red
More silkies and polish!
8 Large Fowl Partridge Wyandotte chicks from Mr.Urch that are for sale.
List of what I will have is:
Lemon Blue Cochins Large Fowl (LF)
Dominique LF
Blue wheaten Marans LF
New Hampshire Reds LF
Blue Wyandottes LF
Partridge Wyandottes LF
Guineas mix of colors(White, Pied,Pearl,Lav,Royal Purple)
Turkeys ~ Blue Slate (few), Silver Penciled Palms, Burbon Reds,
Black Spanish,Narragansett
Citron Hamburg Bantams (few)
Buff Wyandotte (1) LF
May have SLW (1) LF
Extra roosters:
Blue Wheaten Marans(Davis line)
1~ Wheaten Marans (Cree line)
May have 1 extra roo from my AM/EE/OEL pen.
6 tray hatcher GQF
call ducklings and/or eggs (blue fawn pied and butterscotch)
English riding tack, some plants (cottage style type stuff, lambs ears & daisies & the like)
Runner Ducklings both crested and non-crested.
large fowl blue/black/splash Cochins
large fowl blue/black/splash Orpingtons
LF buff cochins (show quality)
black cochin bantams (show quality)
local honey products
horse tack
old crocks
wire cages (used for rabbits)
farm fresh eating eggs
Silkies, from chicks up to 4-6 weeks old in several colors
ShowGirls
heritage rhode island reds (the dark reds)
Black Australorp
Buff Orpingtons
Easter Eggers (blue/green egg layers)
Bantam black cochin
Light Brahma
Sulkie (the cutest little Silkie x Sultan babies) & some OEGB
Chick waterers & large waterers
iris and daylillies
strawberry plants, grapevines
mint,grapes,sage,salvia,beans,sunflowers,catnip,
pigeons,ducklings
MORE SILKIES
Rhode Island Red pullets
white rock pullets
white crested b/b/s polish straight run.
naked necks 4 hens and 1 roo that are 9 months old
a few extra roos.
welsummer chicks
guinea keets
more silkies 4 weeks to 6 weeks old in blue,black,and project blue partridge
exhibition standard buff leghorns 6 week olds
call ducks, mixed ducks
geese
red and golden pheasant
mixed turkey poults (royal palm and easterns)
‎2 Nigerian Dwarf (2 month old boys) and 2 or 3 Mini Nubian does
rabbits, used rabbit cages and a few used aquariums
guinea pigs
muscovy ducks
two started pairs of Davis blue wheaten Marans
nesting boxes
wooden wine boxes
plywood brooder with lid
hoop house tractor coops
Wheaten Ameraucana, Blue Marans, Sumatra,
Coronation Sussex, Exchequer Leghorn, White Phoenix,
Mottled d'Uccle, Sebastopol Geese
PEAFOWL YEARLINGS MUST BE PRE ORDERED - india blues, cameo,cameo pieds, white and more. PM me and I will get you her contact info.
blue wyandottes
dark brahmas
excellent quality welsummer started birds
light brahmas
black tailed white japanese bantams
several pea hens
Aracana chickens
Banties
a few pigeons
two lambs
11 month old miniature horse filly
barn kittens
goat cheese
goats milk soap
half ENGLISH B/B/Splash Orpington hatching eggs
holland lops, mini rex, n. dwarf, new zealand, jersey wooly and
lion head rabbits
rabbit hutches
Antique farming supplies and vintage country stuff
Wheaten Marans just turned 1 year old and are Davis/Presley lines. 1 roo 4 hens
Olive Egger pair
organic fed cornish rock crosses -raised on non medicated game bird starter
handcrafted wooden show crates just like the old ones... but better (GORGEOUS!!)
jams and jellies
potted plants and hanging baskets, annual arrangements
herbs & flowers
50 gallon barrels for rain barrels or compost bins (40 of them)
pair of Magpie ducks. Blue young Hen & Black young Drake
Started Ameraucana chicks in diluted Silver (thanks Lavender gene) lay BRIGHT blue eggs. No olive drab here.
Tons of Silkies. Started chicks to breeders & show birds.
Large Fowl Wyandotte chicks- Golden Laced & Blue Laced Red
Bantam Wyandottes- Selling out of the Black Show string - not for the faint of heart/ FS to serious breeders only - including my Champion Star winning cockeral from the Sussex Fall show.
bat houses and ladybug houses
mille fleur d'uccle pair
dark brown bantam leghorn pair (show quality) + silver leghorn roo and a dk brown roo
magpie ducklings
blue orpington chicks
light sussex started birds
silver fox rabbits
flemish giant rabbits
handcrafted nesting boxes
moscovies
1 light brown leghorn pullet 16 weeks
2 exchequer leghorn pullets 16 weeks
1 LF white crested black polish hen 1 year old
splash silkie chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
white silkie chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
LF WCB polish chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
and I might be bringing a 16 week old pair of splash silkies, but I'm still undecided.
blue orpington chicks (3 weeks old)
2 bantam salmon faverolle roos (2 and 3 weeks old)
1 bantam salmon faverolle roo (8 months old)
3 blue laced red wyandotte chicks (1 week old)
1 lavender orp roo (1 year old)
2 wheaten ameraucana roos from John Blehm (5 weeks old)
red comet laying hens almost 2 yrs. old and laying huge eggs now
holistic poultry feed
pair of blue orpingtons from English lines 5 months old
rabbit cages
peachicks
more silkies
lol.png

Donated show quality pairs to the MSPFA for sale

bantam black rosecomb pair
silky pair

Last edited:
Quote:
Me! Me!

I can't wait!!!

ETA:
What I'm bringing:
1 light brown leghorn pullet 16 weeks
2 exchequer leghorn pullets 16 weeks
1 LF white crested black polish hen 1 year old
splash silkie chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
white silkie chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
LF WCB polish chicks (2 days old to 4 weeks)
and I might be bringing a 16 week old pair of splash silkies, but I'm still undecided.

Last edited:
I'm in for this one but I'm passing on Gower's this year.
All ready set eggs & swapping eggs and will have turkeys-blue slate,BR,silver penciled RP, Narragansett too & guineas.
Just let me know what you need me to do.
Erin I kept 6 of the Wishard if you ever change your mind or know someone that would work with me.
I also hope my Blue Apricot Call Ducks are laying by then too.
Let me know what pictures and what you would like for banners.
Maybe some of the ones everyone breeds ( one of each kind )
Or better yet a picture of the farm where it will be.
Sunrise or sunset one would be cool!
Chicken Junkies does great on ads so I think they should help with that if they want that is.
Maybe doorprize some hatching eggs or hen something like that too.
Will also need something to keep buyers there for the rest of the stuff too.
If they buy all the chickens and chicks before anything else they will want to leave.
Maybe split the clinics up the learn about the breeds and something else in am then food and sales then more clinics ,sales and winners of the raffles & prizes.
That way at least 1/2 will stay.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Me too. Please consider myself and my husband as one of your group. I'm hoping to pick up some chicks, turkeys and guineas if I don't get them before then. Although I don't want to rush the year I already can't wait until June18th. See you then if not before. Virginia & Paul Boyer (Sharpsburg)
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
woot.gif
Virginia, I can't wait to meet you guys. hey everyone, my post office guy told me about some chicken people up the road from me and said I should give them a call..that we'd probably have a lot in common. I called Virginia on the phone and we began chatting up some chicken
tongue.png
I put on the normal shpeel (sp?) about BYC and am waiting for the Oh, wow.. that sounds great.. but, instead, I get "Oh yeah... we're already on there."
yippiechickie.gif
Backyardchickens is growing so fast. It has doubled in size since I registered in 09. unbelievable!

Tonya, I think all of your ideas are great. I just don't know how we'd distract everyone from the sales area??? but, you're right. Maybe we officially shut it down for an hour somehow to do a couple door prizes and coop in for our show.. microphone?

I was thinking folks could donate some door prizes too like, maybe Carol could do some hen saver aprons. I was thinking of ordering a cabinet bator to raffle off. It's the three tray with hatching drawer http://customincubators.com/fowl_incubators I ordered one for myself and negotiated myself a discount for ordering more than one... so, if anyone else would like one just 'tell em Erin sent ya"
lol.png
and he'll knock of $15 bucks on that model. They're only $275 to start with... a huge difference from $600 for a sportsman. I should have mine hooked up by the weekend.. maybe let me give it a try before anyone bites the bullet
cool.png
But, yeah! hatching eggs or a breeding pair of rosecombs
hide.gif
for door prizes. I have a super male I held back and could maybe pick another hen out.. or some leghorn pullets I wound up with from the chickenstock

If anyone has anything they could donate as a door prize or something we could raffle off to help offset cost, that would be fabulous. I think I will ask vendors to all chip in for a space. ...maybe like $5?

I'll compile a list of items needed here soon and post it on the first post.

Erin, maybe if someone wanted to volunteer to run a "pink elephant table"? Sell tickets 3 for $1 and have bags marked with numbers for the prizes, china, poultry supplies, feed, shavings are very popular items that I usually see. Ill definitely try to make it if I have off that day. I wouldnt mind doing a presentation on showmanship for 4-H, also have a powerpoint of different breeds/classes of chickens that I made for a Penn State demonstration.

Hannah, Tammy is doing the show clinic. I am sure she would really be appreciative of your help. The power point presentation would be awesome!

pink elephant table?? hmm... may have to google that

Hey! That sounds like a hubby job!
Now who can twist their hubby's arm enough to get him to set there ?
smile.png

I will be hatching some buckeyes and I will not be keeping them if I don't sell all of them to my friend or if I swap for a random breed I could put some chicks or what ever age they are up.

Quote:
people just donate odds and ends of anything and everything which is entered into a raffle. Each item will have a number and you choose what items you want your tickets to go for. like numbers #20-25 are for bags of feed. i want to try and win that versus a basket of baked goods or stuffed animal, so i put my tickets in those bags

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
He he he he! As long as no one asks my husband a chicken question, he'd probably sit there. All he knows is, if it crows, it's a boy...if it lays an egg, it's a girl! He does not share my chicken addiction, but he sure is a keeper!

Erin, can you please let us specifically know what us WV folks need to have to bring our chickens to Md. Also, I'll help in any way possible, I just don't want to be an un-needed cook in the kitchen if you know what I mean....too many cooks in the kitchen.... Anyway, I follow directions really well, so just tell me what to do and I'll do it!
pop.gif
Thank you so much for opening up your property to us chicken lovers! It is such a blessing to know you, and have you do these wonderful things for us!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom