May 2010 Pullets....waiting on first eggs?

I got my chicks in May 2010 too! Only one of them has started laying (my white leghorn ). She gave me her first egg two days ago! And she has faithfully given me two more eggs!
celebrate.gif
The others should start laying soon...... Good luck!!!
pop.gif

I have 26 Black Star sexlinks that hatched on May 29 or 30, I also have a 6-yr old BSL surviver. I used to be able to pick her out when she was mixed in with the younger birds but now I can't. I think that may mean some of the May hatch is getting ready to lay.

I got my first egg today!
woot.gif
My DH stole my thunder. Of course, the ONE time I send him to the coop and he finds the first egg.
barnie.gif

57417_dscn0852.jpg

Next to a Meijer egg
wink.png
(Mine is much nicer looking, though.)

57417_dscn0855.jpg

wee.gif

I have three pullets (RIRs or Production Reds) that I was told were hatched the last week of May - and at least two of them laid today for the first time! Nice, large, light brown eggs. I ate them for dinner, and they were YUMMY!

I did get three eggs, but since I have a mature hen coming out of molt, I assume the third egg is hers. But it's possible that all three of my pullets laid today, I'll probably never know for sure. Think we can start training our hens to autograph their eggs?

Last edited:
Got a bunch of May pullets just started to lay these last two weeks. The first couple of eggs is my sign that it's time to move them out of the grow out tractor into a layer tractor.

I have some June pullets that look like they'll be ready any day now.

Mine just hit 20 weeks this week. Still waiting for the first egg. I figure since we are going out of town next weekend that is when they will lay for the first time.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom