MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Well eggs are sorted. They forgot to put my super blue eggs in there.
1f622.png
1f62d.png
1f613.png
1f620.png
1f621.png
1f62d.png
this has been an ordeal of sorts. I did get 3 pale blue cream legbars, 3 pinkish blue laced red wyandotts, 3 blue green easter eggers (green one is busted) and 14 (supposed to pinkish purple) croads langhans. Look more orange/brown lol. But they were all in great shape. So here goes.should hatch about May 23rd. 22 eggs go in.....????? Come out
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f424.png

Good luck with them all :fl

Oh Boy

Another new broody today.
barnie.gif
That brings the total to 9 currently, but there are still a few that aren't sitting...yet.

I already had some May broody hatches. One broody has 2 chicks, but is still sitting. Another broody has 6 chicks, they were April and May hatch. She managed to get in on both! I will get pictures as she gets them out. There are already 2 chicks from the April hatch that the broody abandoned, so I'm raising them. That kinda defeats the purpose.

Quote:
It was so nice to meet both you and your husband. Fun to put a face with the people . you seem to real enjoy your birds.....
I had a very good hatch this time. Even the dark eggs are hatching. Hope I did ruin it but it has been close to 72 hours needed to get chicks in brooder..
Happy hatching hope they do well for you.
I have to but the big bator away . just use the brinsea the numbers I've hatched are scary.
Have to go do a count on this hatch. how many of what.....

@Chaos18 Update!

I came home from work today to find 3 ducklings in my incubator! 2 of them are healthy and perfect. One of them didn't absorb the yoke fully and well, it is kind of a mess. It is active and I hope just healing, resting and absorbing.
I have one egg zipping and one other egg pipped. The 2 ducklings are SUPER active and knocking everything and everyone around. So, for now they keep cookin' and I keep waitin'. I haven't noticed anything going on with the other 4.

Meet Cafe Latte! I don't know exactly what color she is yet but it isn't black.

@Chaos18 Update! I came home from work today to find 3 ducklings in my incubator! 2 of them are healthy and perfect. One of them didn't absorb the yoke fully and well, it is kind of a mess. It is active and I hope just healing, resting and absorbing. I have one egg zipping and one other egg pipped. The 2 ducklings are SUPER active and knocking everything and everyone around. So, for now they keep cookin' and I keep waitin'. I haven't noticed anything going on with the other 4. Meet Cafe Latte! I don't know exactly what color she is yet but it isn't black.
awwwwww!!!

Set/Hatched so far for May are 89 eggs.
3 little gray OEs from @ForrestGump hatched yesterday and today.
Two sets of BLRW (one batch from @mothergoose) + Langshan, a few more of Nanci's mixes- probably more NNs, a few eggs under our first ever broody EE, plus CLB, OE & Brown Leghorn from @Sueg4332

Last edited:
Hi All, Cute chicks!! Lots of babies happening!

I have to ask anyone that has shipped eggs.....if someone gives you their address, and asks you to "ask the post "office to hold the package", would you address the package to the person and write "please hold for pickup", or would you ignore their address they gave you, look up a post office in that person's town, go eenie, meenie, minie mo and pick one of the two in town and address the package to that POST OFFICE?

That has happened to me twice. Both people have picked the post office on the other side of town. My post office is right next to my house. They know me. They understand that my boxes have eggs and they call me right away.

Instead they pick the post office address of the main post office in my town, which is NOT MY POST OFFICE. They don't have a match for my name or my phone #. They get around to calling me late in the day. My post office is nice, they took the routing number and tracked the package down, then called me when they found it.

GRRRRRRRR

One of my boxes of eggs was delivered to my house today. Thank goodness my daughter was home. I called the post office 3 times telling them I was expecting boxes of eggs. But my shipper didn't put to hold at post office or my number on the box. But did send as fragile and this site up marked clearly. But did not note live embryo or hatching eggs or anything like that. But they were packed well and all made it here.

Hi All, Cute chicks!!  Lots of babies happening!  

I have to ask anyone that has shipped eggs.....if someone gives you their address, and asks you to "ask the post "office to hold the package", would you address the package to the person and write "please hold for pickup", or would you ignore their address they gave you, look up a post office in that person's town, go eenie, meenie, minie mo and pick one of the two in town and address the package to that POST OFFICE?

That has happened to me twice.  Both people have picked the post office on the other side of town.  My post office is right next to my house.  They know me.  They understand that my boxes have eggs and they call me right away.

Instead they pick the post office address of the main post office in my town, which is NOT MY POST OFFICE.   They don't have a match for my name or my phone #.  They get around to calling me late in the day.  My post office is nice, they took the routing number and tracked the package down, then called me when they found it.

GRRRRRRRR

I would ask the clerk at your local PO how to have the packages addressed so they arrive at the PO you usually use- the location where they know you. It seems odd that packages addressed to you for pick up would end up anywhere other than your PO, but for the life of me, I don't understand how our postal system works. :he

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom