MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Tomorrow! tomorrow! I love you tomorrow! lockdown a day away!!!!!
1f602.png

Broody #11 started sitting today.
he.gif
This is getting comical.
lau.gif

I am officially at an all time high broody epidemic. Luckily I have some production breeds so there are plenty of eggs to go around.
I have 3 of them currently residing in my feed room. Where am I going to put this one?
gig.gif
I have under the poop board, on the poop board, in the nest box, under the coop, in the chicken tractor, etc, etc, etc, broodys.

Broody # 2 hatched 2 more chicks today. I haven't ever had one hatch chicks and continue to sit. She hatched her first chick on 4/30. She was up to 4 total earlier today. Broody #3 took her 6 out to meet the flock today. She seems to have it much more together than #2. Broody #4 should be hatching this week.
I also have 15 in the incubator that went into lockdown yesterday. Happy May
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Agreed. Mama will be able to keep them warm just fine. I had a hen hatch chicks last winter, and they did fine, even when temps fell into the low teens. Chicks are a lot hardier than we give them credit for.

Yep mama hens can do it better than we can if they are good mama hens.

Broody #11 started sitting today. :he   This is getting comical.  :lau

I am officially at an all time high broody epidemic. Luckily I have some production breeds so there are plenty of eggs to go around.
I have 3 of them currently residing in my feed room. Where am I going to put this one? :gig I have under the poop board, on the poop board, in the nest box, under the coop, in the chicken tractor, etc, etc, etc, broodys.

Broody # 2 hatched 2 more chicks today. I haven't ever had one hatch chicks and continue to sit. She hatched her first chick on 4/30. She was up to 4 total earlier today. Broody #3 took her 6 out to meet the flock today. She seems to have it much more together than #2. Broody #4 should be hatching this week. 
I also have 15 in the incubator that went into lockdown yesterday.  Happy May :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :cd
Holy chickens! Good luck! Send some Broodies this way

1f602.png

Cute! Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I hope I have chicks tomorrow!

Were still at 7 pips out of 18. I guess I better go to bed. Crossing my fingers! Good luck with lockdown!

1f602.png

Well I had one turkey hatch but it must have broke one of the main blood vessels and it bled to death being that young I didn't know what to put on it to stop it and if this offends anyone I am truly sorry I didn't want it to die I just didn't know what to do so I moistened it and put it in the incubator as with my chickens it usually helps stop the blood it didn't bleed very much but when I checked on it wasn't breathing or moving. I think my broody hen is about to give up on setting on the turkeys eggs being that they take longer

Last edited:
Lost a few more. One looks like a day 6 or 7 quitter and one was probably lost today. Plus removed another dud. Down to 21 eggs from 30.
1f61e.png

I have another that looks like a dud but it's shell is dark enough I'm not comfortable calling it yet.
Hopefully no more die.

Back
Top Bottom