MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr I has a batoring question for you and the Barbiebator. Since you used the GQF turners in it how did you run the power cord for the turners?
Good morning, Sir Chaos!
frow.gif

I'm still not receiving notices when I get tagged. I just got on and you happened to have made the last post. Your lucky day...
lau.gif

The bottom of my bator is simply thick foam with the plastic inner liner, so I took a sharp knife and cut a square hole in the bottom to run the cords out. I notched the square plug for the cords, and pushed it back into the hole. If I remember correctly, yours is metal. You can use a drill to make starter holes, then use a jigsaw to cut it out. Just an option...

Good morning, Sir Chaos!
frow.gif

I'm still not receiving notices when I get tagged. I just got on and you happened to have made the last post. Your lucky day...
lau.gif

The bottom of my bator is simply thick foam with the plastic inner liner, so I took a sharp knife and cut a square hole in the bottom to run the cords out. I notched the square plug for the cords, and pushed it back into the hole. If I remember correctly, yours is metal. You can use a drill to make starter holes, then use a jigsaw to cut it out. Just an option...
Thanks. I got's a drill and a hacksaw.........also got a jig saw hiding somewhere. Didn't think to notch the frame.

My babies turned 2 weeks old yesterday. My little chicks are getting this stuff called "feathers", and it's starting to cover their pretty down. Won't be much longer before they go through the "nerd with braces" stage, and will look rather unattractive... but it will pass. I'm just enjoying watching them go through different stages.

0.jpg

Mine seem to get along just great. Hows the batoring?
Glad to hear that. It's never fun having a doctor knit a sweater on one. Seems like everything's been going smooth. I've been cooking all the eggs in the Barbie, and temp and RH have held very steady. It's day 7, so I'll be candling tonight. Will give an update after that...
thumbsup.gif

Glad to hear that. It's never fun having a doctor knit a sweater on one. Seems like everything's been going smooth. I've been cooking all the eggs in the Barbie, and temp and RH have held very steady. It's day 7, so I'll be candling tonight. Will give an update after that...
thumbsup.gif
Thankfully never had to have a doc sew anything besides the back of my head. Glad to hear that the Barbiebator is doing good.
fl.gif
Hopefully you get good results tonight.

Eeeek!!! I actually DO have another I made...
gig.gif
It's a gargantuan thing.
If I EVER get to find out how many eggs it will hold, I'm pretty certain a divorce will be imminent.
bun.gif

But this incubator still needs a bit of this....

AND this.....

I haven't "quite" got everything perfected just yet...lol. I also loved it as a hatcher so I'm undecided which direction I'm going...lol.
BUUT I just bought another thermostat today to build another styro bator, same as my first.
(Insert evil laugh)
wink.png

woot.gif

I use different colored markers for each different hatch. (It's like being a kid again!)
big_smile.png

I also put the eggs going into lockdown in a tray/trays in the incubator. It's mostly to contain the mess
sickbyc.gif
...but also to visually keep me from turning those eggs.
I know I'll forget and turn them. I really do...
Because I've done it before.
th.gif

(darn it!)
Hope this can help or give ideas.
highfive.gif

I like the idea of using colored markers. Now if only my kids didn't steal all of my Sharpies!!!! Ugh!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom