MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Lol! You need to learn to negotiate better
smile.png
lol.png

Well....it's his family in PA, not mine..... I'd kinda rather stay home with the animals...
hide.gif

My attempt at building a chicken coop. Made a little more progress this past weekend. Floor is finished and two walls are framed. Will be picking up the skin sometime this week. I should have it wrapped, steps built, and most of the interior stuff done by the end of this coming weekend. Then I can start stringing wire for the run...
th.gif

Looks great Joey!
clap.gif

The little lav orp pulled through and is doing fantastic, I think she was just exhausted and early. I'm just waiting on an ameracauna that is preparing to zip and a buff orp that is internally pipped but nothing through the shell yet.

Great News!

Meet "Lucky" born this morning

Awwwwwww

Quote:
That stinks. I hope you get your dozen from the remaining 15.
fl.gif

Do you have anything I need? Family's getting ready to head back to CA next week....

They are in PA right now! Getting ready to head back here in a few days....picking up some birds in New Mexico.....
They go twice a year. Spring and fall.

I'm about an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh. Need any ameraucanas, easter eggers or olive eggers? I have a surplus of chicks lol.

:frow Hi everyone it's good to be back here :) I've been recovering from a nasty concussion I got back on the 6th (took a hit to the head by one of the horses while I was out feeding)... So it's been kind of a slow recovery and having headaches daily so I haven't been able to stay caught up here but I'll read back as I can. Hope everyone is well!

I do have some great hatch results to report on my shipped eggs! Back on the 11th my BBS mottled bantam chicks hatched- I had 13 of 16 hatch :weee

These hatching eggs came from @WallabyOfChaos and were hands down the best packed eggs I've ever received!

My shipped bcm's from another seller did great too- I got 7 of 9 that hatched from these
1f600.png

All the shipped eggs were in the hovabator still air and hand turned.

Over in the Brinsea things didn't go so well with my old "experiment" eggs.( I didn't expect much from them) 2/8 hatched there.

Broody 5 month old Marans is going strong she's on day 17 sitting on 6 eggs.
1f60a.png

:frow Hi everyone it's good to be back here :) I've been recovering from a nasty concussion I got back on the 6th (took a hit to the head by one of the horses while I was out feeding)... So it's been kind of a slow recovery and having headaches daily so I haven't been able to stay caught up here but I'll read back as I can. Hope everyone is well!

I do have some great hatch results to report on my shipped eggs! Back on the 11th my BBS mottled bantam chicks hatched- I had 13 of 16 hatch :weee

These hatching eggs came from @WallabyOfChaos and were hands down the best packed eggs I've ever received!

My shipped bcm's from another seller did great too- I got 7 of 9 that hatched from these
1f600.png

All the shipped eggs were in the hovabator still air and hand turned.

Over in the Brinsea things didn't go so well with my old "experiment" eggs.( I didn't expect much from them) 2/8 hatched there.

Broody 5 month old Marans is going strong she's on day 17 sitting on 6 eggs.
1f60a.png
Hope you head heals quickly!! Good luck on the broody!

Aw, man, I got home from preschool & the temp had spiked in my incubator. It was up to 102. :-( It could have been like that for 5 hours, did I kill the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom