MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I'm about an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh. Need any ameraucanas, easter eggers or olive eggers? I have a surplus of chicks lol.

I love my little EEs. I only have bantam size now cause I can keep twice as many! Thanks!
big_smile.png

frow.gif
Hi everyone it's good to be back here :) I've been recovering from a nasty concussion I got back on the 6th (took a hit to the head by one of the horses while I was out feeding)... So it's been kind of a slow recovery and having headaches daily so I haven't been able to stay caught up here but I'll read back as I can. Hope everyone is well!

I do have some great hatch results to report on my shipped eggs! Back on the 11th my BBS mottled bantam chicks hatched- I had 13 of 16 hatch
wee.gif

These hatching eggs came from @WallabyOfChaos and were hands down the best packed eggs I've ever received!

My shipped bcm's from another seller did great too- I got 7 of 9 that hatched from these
1f600.png

All the shipped eggs were in the hovabator still air and hand turned.

Over in the Brinsea things didn't go so well with my old "experiment" eggs.( I didn't expect much from them) 2/8 hatched there.

Broody 5 month old Marans is going strong she's on day 17 sitting on 6 eggs.
1f60a.png
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your concussion. Glad you have been having good hatches.

Aw, man, I got home from preschool & the temp had spiked in my incubator. It was up to 102. :-( It could have been like that for 5 hours, did I kill the eggs?

Only time will tell. What day are you on? Did you candle ?

frow.gif
Hi everyone it's good to be back here :) I've been recovering from a nasty concussion I got back on the 6th (took a hit to the head by one of the horses while I was out feeding)... So it's been kind of a slow recovery and having headaches daily so I haven't been able to stay caught up here but I'll read back as I can. Hope everyone is well!

I do have some great hatch results to report on my shipped eggs! Back on the 11th my BBS mottled bantam chicks hatched- I had 13 of 16 hatch
wee.gif

These hatching eggs came from @WallabyOfChaos and were hands down the best packed eggs I've ever received!

My shipped bcm's from another seller did great too- I got 7 of 9 that hatched from these
1f600.png

All the shipped eggs were in the hovabator still air and hand turned.

Over in the Brinsea things didn't go so well with my old "experiment" eggs.( I didn't expect much from them) 2/8 hatched there.

Broody 5 month old Marans is going strong she's on day 17 sitting on 6 eggs.
1f60a.png

Oh wordy! Are you going to be ok? I hope those headaches go away. So sorry that happened. Horses..love them, they are unpredictable for sure. Had my day of riding and getting bitten, and stepped on, but not kicked. Still love em. I hope you get better real quick..soon!

I am loving those little mottled cochins! I wonder if he has any more eggs! Where is he from..will have to go see if I can tell from his profile. Love the mottled babies..bantams.

Get well!

Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your concussion. Glad you have been having good hatches.

Only time will tell. What day are you on? Did you candle ?

Yep, if they are further along, better chance they are good. Good luck..do some candling tonight.

Oh wordy! Are you going to be ok? I hope those headaches go away. So sorry that happened. Horses..love them, they are unpredictable for sure. Had my day of riding and getting bitten, and stepped on, but not kicked. Still love em. I hope you get better real quick..soon!

I am loving those little mottled cochins! I wonder if he has any more eggs! Where is he from..will have to go see if I can tell from his profile. Love the mottled babies..bantams.

Get well!

Checked it out...Texas! Close by!

Oh wordy!   Are you going to be ok?   I hope those headaches go away.   So sorry that happened.  Horses..love them, they are unpredictable for sure.  Had my day of riding and getting bitten, and stepped on, but not kicked.  Still love em.  I hope you get better real quick..soon!

I am loving those little mottled cochins!   I wonder if he has any more eggs!   Where is he from..will have to go see if I can tell from his profile.  Love the mottled babies..bantams.

Get well!

This was one of those freak accidents (I don't have full memory of what happened) we think the mare dropped her head to the feed pan while my back was to her and she must have hit me in the back of the head with her head. She never crowds me or gets in my space so I'm really surprised she was right behind me like that.
Unfortunately, since this is my second concussion, the symptoms were more severe and recovery is slower. I've had multiple CT scans and dr visits the past couple weeks and I'm feeling waaaay better but the docs tell us I can probably expect to have symptoms for about 6 weeks.

I need to get some more pics of the Cochins- they are sweeties :love I can't wait to see how these babies turn out! Now I have to find room for all of them lol.
Hopefully you are able to get some of her eggs too :)

Yep, if they are further along, better chance they are good. Good luck..do some candling tonight.

They are only on Day 5, will candle tonight. The air cells were already not looking too good in most of them. Well, I still have more under the broody hen if none of these hatch. I was hoping to get a couple of pullets to keep this time.

I think I am a little overextended right now with all of the end-of-school-year stuff going on with my kids, I am not paying attention to things very well.

Just ordered a new bator to replace one that spiked to 113 and 108 a couple days apart. Have a lot of duck eggs creating an egg carton wall in my hatcher around the button quail eggs, meat chicken egg (yes, singular), and the last two welsummer eggs ( one hatched last night!). By wednesday I'll have room for 112 eggs, room fir my current ones and more xD

They are only on Day 5, will candle tonight. The air cells were already not looking too good in most of them. Well, I still have more under the broody hen if none of these hatch. I was hoping to get a couple of pullets to keep this time.

I think I am a little overextended right now with all of the end-of-school-year stuff going on with my kids, I am not paying attention to things very well.

Good Luck, I hope the results of the candling are good and you get the pullets you hope for.

Back
Top Bottom