MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Can eggs be added to an incubation set thats already 10 days in? I feel like I've heard it done before. Just not sure not sure how the higher humidty for hatch affects the ones still setting.

Day 22 still had 2 eggs waiting even though everyone else hatched on day 20. Did a quick peak around 530. One had externally pipped the other one only internally. Heard quite peeps. Cooked dinner and sat down to eat. By 615 I could hear very loud peeping so I took another peek and the one that hasn't had the externally pip was all the way out! :weee
Now just one more and I hope it's soon. My incubator has been acting funny at night and dropping temps again. Had to put a towel over it to get it leveled out.

Can eggs be added to an incubation set thats already 10 days in? I feel like I've heard it done before. Just not sure not sure how the higher humidty for hatch affects the ones still setting.
It's not recommended unless you have a second incubator for hatching. The humidity for lockdown chicks will be too much for the eggs still incubating.

Tossed out 9 clears, but all the turkey eggs appear to have veining and 2 of the eggs were positively jumping inside! One turkey egg looked like a weird lava lamp, only in rhythm to its heartbeat. The chicken eggs that are left are veining nicely but it is always hard to tell veining on Marans eggs for me.

Tossed out 9 clears, but all the turkey eggs appear to have veining and 2 of the eggs were positively jumping inside! One turkey egg looked like a weird lava lamp, only in rhythm to its heartbeat. The chicken eggs that are left are veining nicely but it is always hard to tell veining on Marans eggs for me.

Yeay for veining!!

Well, this dodo head just realized that two days ago was the third batch of courtnix quail eggs lockdown. Today is day 16 and I noticed 4-5 pips while frantically shifting them to the hatcher (which I had to turn back on and wait for it to warm up). I thought I had til Wednesday when quails number 4 goes into lockdown...whoops. This is what I get for not setting an alarm on my phone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom