May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Day 5 here, just candled 9 eggs out of 24. 5 were developing well, 1 had a blood ring and 3 were inconclusive looking with a little bit of veining. So happy that some are developing!:D
I candled some of my eggs this morning and this one looks like it's outside the yolk? Also day 5 is this ok? It's my first time
20200421_085908.jpg

I candled my Welsh Harlequin eggs which will be due to hatch around May 4th. Being as I had them in the fridge for a short time before setting in the incubator because these eggs weren't planned originally. All 12 eggs I set are fertile and have a nice active duckling baby growing inside. Was very surprised as my first set of fridge eggs had several clears going on and two very early quiters.
I have added a lot of fridge eggs to my incubator and I've never had a problem with them hatching.

I set some that were in the fridge and they were in there for about a week and they still hatched.

The key to fridge eggs is to make sure that they get at room temperature before you put them in the incubator.

I candled today on day 2...:oops:. Not sure what I was expecting to see. Lol. It’s so hard to wait!!! I only candled 2/10 because I knew I wouldn’t see anything. Haha.

Time will fly! At least it does for me. Day 12 for me begins at 1:30 this afternoon (or is it 13?)... I candled last night, and I swear every time I do it, it only serves to confuse/worry me more! :barnie Lockdown is Monday, can't it hurry up?! I need to get my brooder set up this weekend.

I have added a lot of fridge eggs to my incubator and I've never had a problem with them hatching.

I set some that were in the fridge and they were in there for about a week and they still hatched.

The key to fridge eggs is to make sure that they get at room temperature before you put them in the incubator.
I never knew that. You learn something new everyday.🙂

This is the second time I have pulled from the fridge to set eggs for my Welsh harlequin. The original idea was that I would hatch black East Indie x Welsh Harlequin mixes, but none of those ended up fertile.

Hopefully now that my two little ducks have started mating that will change. Is this weekend to early to test again? They have been at all week this week.

This is the second time I have pulled from the fridge to set eggs for my Welsh harlequin. The original idea was that I would hatch black East Indie x Welsh Harlequin mixes, but none of those ended up fertile.

Hopefully now that my two little ducks have started mating that will change. Is this weekend to early to test again? They have been at all week this week.
If they have been at it all week, I would say that you can put some eggs in because I'm sure they are fertile.

My Drake is such a mating king. Every time we fill up the pool with new water he wants to go mate in it 🤦🏼‍♀️ He has been very successful though so I can't complain.

If they have been at it all week, I would say that you can put some eggs in because I'm sure they are fertile.

My Drake is such a mating king. Every time we fill up the pool with new water he wants to go mate in it 🤦🏼‍♀️ He has been very successful though so I can't complain.

My drake Courage is so nice with his female, but with anything smaller than him he has decided he is a jerk. He would try to grab Ebony my black East Indie female and yank her off her feet and into the pool to force mate her. With my male he would chase home around and yank the crap out of him until he started getting a bald spot.

Back
Top Bottom