Meyer Fry Pan Bargain

almost 12 weeks, no crowing yet
2ml.PNG
. I kept 5 males, 10 females some from the bargain batch,and gave away the others, I am going to give away 4 more males before I am done.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I am seriously considering this way of stocking my roaster pen. I'm particularly wondering if I can keep the cockerels long enough to get them to a reasonable size for my freezer. Please continue updating, I am really interested.
I have kept the large heritage roosters for up to 6 months. The longer you keep them the tougher they get but usually up to 6 months is fine with no issues after that I usually will only slow cook them or can them for things like chicken stew or dumplings.

almost 12 weeks, no crowing yetView attachment 1721552 . I kept 5 males, 10 females some from the bargain batch,and gave away the others, I am going to give away 4 more males before I am done.
Such a pretty mix! So 1 male and 10 females, that sound perfect.
I have kept the large heritage roosters for up to 6 months. The longer you keep them the tougher they get but usually up to 6 months is fine with no issues after that I usually will only slow cook them or can them for things like chicken stew or dumplings.
I won't be pressure canning right away but I will be eventually so I will be canning meats as soon as I'm confident of it.

Do keep us updated on how the Cornish X work out.

Waiting patiently for my 27 to arrive says they shipped 25 Frypans 1 Meal maker and a bonus chick. Arrival time is the 9th through the 11th. Not opposed to females in the mix but I will process the boys out in 16 to 20 weeks (weather and schedule depending). I also ordered 20 Cornish X Frankenchickens and 8 turkeys that will be here by the 28th of April.

I really liked them. They say 1.00 each now, but I would talk to them and ask if there is a bulk discount. One tip, if you want pullets and then get these to fill up the order, keep them separate if you can, young roosters will bully the females from the dish, if you have rooster with 6 pullets then you would not have to worry about it.

I really liked them. They say 1.00 each now, but I would talk to them and ask if there is a bulk discount. One tip, if you want pullets and then get these to fill up the order, keep them separate if you can, young roosters will bully the females from the dish, if you have rooster with 6 pullets then you would not have to worry about it.
Thanks!! This is really helpful!! I’ve never done meat birds before so I don’t think I would get a ton, maybe like 10-15 or something (probably 15, the shipping is crazy for less than that :eek: :th ), but idk yet. Was thinking about getting some more pullets too and selling eggs but I don’t know yet. I’m pretty a pretty good amount already for my girls. If I get any girls from this though, I’d add them to the layer flock.

That price before really was crazy cheap!! Haha but even at $1 each, it still seems like a pretty good price to me. :) I’m sure if you asked though or were buying a ton they would probably discount it.

I got few orders with the fry pan, 2-25 orders and one 50. in the first 2 I got maybe 3 hens. In the 50 I got 0. So if you want females just order some, plus in the meyer meal maker which is the free chicks just ask for female.

Back
Top Bottom