Meyer Fry Pan Bargain

Ridge runner I am sure mistakes can and do happen, but I may easily be wrong, but it just seems all too convenient in a way to me. If you are correct and it's easier to sex male, so instead of sexing to chose female, wouldn't it make sense to sex for male? But maybe I am not following through the thought process correctly. As i said I can be wrong. But it seems odd. And as I said they could send mostly sex links and the recipient cannot complain esp if they send males from more than 1 sex link to make sure it's an "assortment". I remember seeing one hatchery that offered an assortment that indicated it was mostly males but had some hens in it, along with the males. also they had one true frypan special. Also I saw on line one hatchery that had an assortment that had either a third or a quarter of the order male the rest female and another that was reverse of that assortment. can't remember who did what, too long ago looking it up. (last five years tho so likely the hatcheries are still open and doing the same or similar specials).
I don't think you're following what Ridgerunner was saying. When they're sexing, they're sexing, not for one or the other. What is being said is that the ones they chuck in the male bin, they're more sure are male than the ones they're chucking into the female bin. In other words, it's likely easier to confuse a male for a female, than a female for a male.

I am on week 3 with my chicks, I ordered 26 frypan bargan and I ordered 6 girl chicks. I requested as far as the frypan bargain, some non-meaty type roosters, I said I was open to any size rooster, and I also said any hens I get I would just keep. Besides my girl chicks I may have got as many as 8 girl chicks mixed in. The chicks I got were maybe 8-10 diff breeds. i keep changing my mind on which breeds some were, but alot of golden buff type, and welsummer-y looking birds.
babbm.PNG

I like the idea of the surprises for breed and the which ones would turn out to be pullets. The more I think about it, a fry special would be a great way to stock my roaster coop the first time then keep a few hens and the best rooster to restock.

Interesting. Those look too pretty to be three weeks old but maybe it's how I'm looking at them. My three week olds are typically in what I call the vulture phase. Feathers are coming in but some areas are still down so they can look really rough and ragged. That usually lasts about a week to a week and a half before they fully feather out and look sleek but for a while they may be "cute" but certainly not pretty.

Just ordered the Meyer Fry Pan Bargain and got 25 plus a meal maker for 0.83 cents a bird. Excited to grow them out. They will be coming in on April 11th so it should be warm enough for them. Now just hoping that the yard and pens are dried out by then so that they aren't still full of mud. I have done Cornish X, Freedom Rangers but I prefer the heritage breeds best. Hoping they grow out well.

Back
Top Bottom