Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@Autumnhearth Cute girls, love the light Brahma

@autumnhearth& @christina09 what are you two thoughts on this combo being maybe a BO x Deleware?

They are starting to get their wings and to me look like that cross, I think they are too big to be our BO x White EE

Last edited:
@Autumnhearth Cute girls, love the light Brahma

@autumnhearth & @christina09 what are you two thoughts on this combo being maybe a BO x Deleware?

They are starting to get their wings and to me look like that cross, I think they are too big to be our BO x White EE

They are adorable! While I don't know much about chicken genetics they certainly look right to be that combo. Will be interesting to see if either of them get any black markings and how fluffy they will be. I've seen White Orps and they are fabulous looking.

They are adorable!  While I don't know much about chicken genetics they certainly look right to be that combo. Will be interesting to see if either of them get any black markings and how fluffy they will be.  I've seen White Orps and they are fabulous looking.

I will take some shots at the end of week one, which will include their wing markings/colorings. They are the lightest of the group. We have no other white colored birds except the EE.

Last edited:
[@=/u/258296/Autumnhearth]@Autumnhearth[/@] Cute girls, love the light Brahma [@=/u/258296/autumnhearth]@autumnhearth[/@]height:100px;"> [/URL]
They are adorable! While I don't know much about chicken genetics they certainly look right to be that combo. Will be interesting to see if either of them get any black markings and how fluffy they will be. I've seen White Orps and they are fabulous looking.
x2 I completely agree. The combo fits. It will be fun to watch them grow.

Here are my Meyers hatchery chicks we got 10 assorted rare breed chic ks....so we are waiting to see weekday they turn out to be

You definitely have a light brahma in there. Here's a pic of mine at that funny teenage stage.

Oh and here she is next to some other girls. She is even bigger than the buff Brahma. (Totally thought I posted this already)

Here are my Meyers hatchery chicks we got 10 assorted rare breed chic ks....so we are waiting to see weekday they turn out to be
Yep definitely a Light Brahma. The wild types have me stumped, especially the one with the light head. The one on the far right may be a Partridge Rock and it looks like you have a cockerel in the back, odd as that is the coloring of a female Welsummer, but that comb...

Here are my latest photos of my older group of chicks that I took this evening.

Corabeth the Olive Egger.

Elizabeth the RIR, and Blossom, the BLRW. She is still behind the others in feather growth and size. But she makes up for it in feistiness!

Here Elizabeth is with Aggie, the Blue Splash Marans, and Gloria, the Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Corabeth again. They are all 8 to 9 weeks old, by the way.

And here is Peppermint, who I am unashamed to admit is my favorite.
She lets me pick her up, and she likes to sit on my lap and be cuddled.
love.gif

Here are my latest photos of my older group of chicks that I took this evening.

Corabeth the Olive Egger. Elizabeth the RIR, and Blossom, the BLRW. She is still behind the others in feather growth and size. But she makes up for it in feistiness!

Here Elizabeth is with Aggie, the Blue Splash Marans, and Gloria, the Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Corabeth again. They are all 8 to 9 weeks old, by the way.

And here is Peppermint, who I am unashamed to admit is my favorite.
She lets me pick her up, and she likes to sit on my lap and be cuddled.
love.gif
Cuties! Really love your names. And yay Peppermint for being a cuddle chicken!

Actually, I am being naughty and cooking up a plan to get a new group of chicks to go with a turkey poult that I am waiting to get until the breeder has them hatch.
hide.gif
My plan is to get a Partridge Rock, a Buff Laced Polish, and a Sicilian Buttercup.
Sounds like a good plan!

Back
Top Bottom