Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Here are my latest photos of my older group of chicks that I took this evening. Corabeth the Olive Egger. Elizabeth the RIR, and Blossom, the BLRW. She is still behind the others in feather growth and size. But she makes up for it in feistiness! Here Elizabeth is with Aggie, the Blue Splash Marans, and Gloria, the Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Corabeth again. They are all 8 to 9 weeks old, by the way. And here is Peppermint, who I am unashamed to admit is my favorite. She lets me pick her up, and she likes to sit on my lap and be cuddled. :love
I love Blossom. She looks like she will be gorgeous! I really want a BLRW!! But I have no room!

I'm a bad chicken mama! My poor babies are just covered in mosquito bites. I didn't think much of it at first, but of course you can only see a small portion of the bites that must be there. Last night when I went out there, the mosquitoes covered the walls like wallpaper. It was terrifying. Make me itch just thinking about it. So I hung a box fan out there where everybody roosts. Hoping this keeps them from flying in. I also made some "garlic tea" and sprayed the walls, bedding, and ground. Shoot, I sprayed everything and almost sprayed the chickens. Hopefully this will help. I think the bites/bugs are really bothering them. They are picking themselves and/or each other a little and they've been eating a few eggs, not to mention production is down.

In good news, the bugs are not bothering mama and the three babies. I have some people interested in the babies. If they don't sell, I will keep them, but I figured it's worth a shot. Oh oh and the best news is that my darling Peppy has been on his best behavior. He has not attacked me in a while. I really think it was my scary pale legs that made him attack. I've been wearing long pants just so I wouldn't be scared and he acts fine. Maybe he just didn't recognize my legs? Lol. Poor rooster!

I'm a bad chicken mama! My poor babies are just covered in mosquito bites. I didn't think much of it at first, but of course you can only see a small portion of the bites that must be there. Last night when I went out there, the mosquitoes covered the walls like wallpaper. It was terrifying. Make me itch just thinking about it. So I hung a box fan out there where everybody roosts. Hoping this keeps them from flying in. I also made some "garlic tea" and sprayed the walls, bedding, and ground. Shoot, I sprayed everything and almost sprayed the chickens. Hopefully this will help. I think the bites/bugs are really bothering them. They are picking themselves and/or each other a little and they've been eating a few eggs, not to mention production is down.

In good news, the bugs are not bothering mama and the three babies. I have some people interested in the babies. If they don't sell, I will keep them, but I figured it's worth a shot. Oh oh and the best news is that my darling Peppy has been on his best behavior. He has not attacked me in a while. I really think it was my scary pale legs that made him attack. I've been wearing long pants just so I wouldn't be scared and he acts fine. Maybe he just didn't recognize my legs? Lol. Poor rooster!

Eeek! One more thing to worry about! Good to hear about Peppy! Any recent pics of Limabean and her chicks?

How could I forget!
Pretty sure this one is male. I love his cheeks!

And this is the best one I have of Limabean with them. She was getting frantic because my dog was looking a little too closely. Lol

Quote: Thank you. She does seem to have really nice lacing so far.

Maybe if you sell your chicks to those people, you will have room for one.

I think your theory about your white legs bothering Peppy makes sense. You appeared different than normal, so maybe he thought there was something wrong with you. I wonder if you will have to wear long pants all summer long.

Its amazing how fast these babies are growing. Two week birthday is already almost here on Monday. It's obvious which breed is which now. The Easter eggers shanks are very clearly different than the others. There's a higher and lower portion of the brooder. A few will go higher and test their wings by "flying" across the brooder. Or simply try to fly across regardless of where they're at. They're like little kids playing superhero.

Its amazing how fast these babies are growing. Two week birthday is already almost here on Monday. It's obvious which breed is which now. The Easter eggers shanks are very clearly different than the others. There's a higher and lower portion of the brooder. A few will go higher and test their wings by "flying" across the brooder. Or simply try to fly across regardless of where they're at. They're like little kids playing superhero.
Would love to see pics before or at two weeks ;)

Our big girls are 13 months old today. My friend took some great pics of them recently.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6979672/big-girls-13-months/

Here are my latest photos of my older group of chicks that I took this evening. And here is Peppermint, who I am unashamed to admit is my favorite. She lets me pick her up, and she likes to sit on my lap and be cuddled. :love
Ooooh, look at her! :love She looks just like my Frou-Frou baby did! Sounds like she acts somewhat like Frou-Frou did, too! She was a snuggle baby, but then she also had a slight phobia of grass at first, so she preferred being in my lap anyway. :D
Aww, I always get so nostalgic when I look at baby pictures from my flock. :love They were all so precious! And now... :lol: Giant fluffball Frou-Frou.

@autumnhearth: I'll try to get some decent photos soon.

I've seen two chicks lay on their sides with their wing down. Normal? Doesn't seem to be anyhing wrong thouh. Eating like pigs and growing like weeds.

Back
Top Bottom