Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@Dom'sHEns (sorry, tagging is not working for me right now) Did you get the Cream Legbars?????? I want them so bad, but $30 a chick, is way outa' my league.

@Iain Utah, Thought I responded to your earlier pics, then realized I hadn't. They are soooo cute! How are they doing? Any fatalities?

@Amy king Hanson, I am in love with the Blue copper Maran rooster and I want a pair so bad it is not even funny. :rolleyes:

I love him. He's still filling in and getting more gorgeous. I bought a Black Copper Marans hen to pair with him. She's super sweet also. Both could use more feathering. (I bought another Black Copper Marans rooster for a customer through Meyer and it did have more feathering)

Then I decided to make a project out of my Blue Copper Marans rooster. I bought him a Barred Rock to make Blue/Blank Sexlinks. Then I found out today Cream Legbar hens are just like Barred Rocks in the sense that you can make Sexlinked Olive Eggers. Since I have Cream Legbars I hatched him out a hen. I am so excited for January. That's when I'm going to fire up my incubator again.

I also bought a Partridge Cochin hen through Meyer but it turned out to be a rooster. But then I found out that a Partridge rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen will make a Sexlinked chick too. LOL!

Wow that is really cool how many sexlinks can be made! We have one hen from Meyer. She was supposed to be a Dominique, but I don't think she is pure. She lost her toes when she was tiny. I think she got stunted becuase of stress or something, becuase she is one
Of our smallest hens.

I love him. He's still filling in and getting more gorgeous. I bought a Black Copper Marans hen to pair with him. She's super sweet also. Both could use more feathering. (I bought another Black Copper Marans rooster for a customer through Meyer and it did have more feathering)

Then I decided to make a project out of my Blue Copper Marans rooster. I bought him a Barred Rock to make Blue/Blank Sexlinks. Then I found out today Cream Legbar hens are just like Barred Rocks in the sense that you can make Sexlinked Olive Eggers. Since I have Cream Legbars I hatched him out a hen. I am so excited for January. That's when I'm going to fire up my incubator again.

I also bought a Partridge Cochin hen through Meyer but it turned out to be a rooster. But then I found out that a Partridge rooster over a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen will make a Sexlinked chick too. LOL!

Wow! I did not know alot of that! I want to cross a Blue Copper Maran with a Blue Ameraucana to make blue sexlinked olive eggers. And a few other breeds in with that...I am going to create the next breed to be accepted into the APA. (Wishful thinking, I know):p

And do you think I could cross a Partridge Plymouth rock rooster with a SLW hen? I have both those breeds.

Wow that is really cool how many sexlinks can be made! We have one hen from Meyer. She was supposed to be a Dominique, but I don't think she is pure. She lost her toes when she was tiny. I think she got stunted becuase of stress or something, becuase she is one
Of our smallest hens.

She is cute! And she has one more serious comb there too!

Wow! I did not know alot of that! I want to cross a Blue Copper Maran with a Blue Ameraucana to make blue sexlinked olive eggers. And a few other breeds in with that...I am going to create the next breed to be accepted into the APA. (Wishful thinking, I know):p

And do you think I could cross a Partridge Plymouth rock rooster with a SLW hen? I have both those breeds.

I was relooking at this chart and saw Partridge over Silver = Sexlink. I verified in the color genetics thread. And any solid color rooster over a pure barred hen will create solid color females and males will have a dot on the head and feather out to be barred.

@Dom'sHEns (sorry, tagging is not working for me right now) Did you get the Cream Legbars?????? I want them so bad, but $30 a chick, is way outa' my league.

@Iain Utah, Thought I responded to your earlier pics, then realized I hadn't. They are soooo cute! How are they doing? Any fatalities?

@Amy king Hanson, I am in love with the Blue copper Maran rooster and I want a pair so bad it is not even funny.
roll.png

My guys are doing great! They are three weeks old now and no health issues whatsoever. The cochins are my favorites and have very nice temperaments, feathering and size. The salmon favorelles are my second favorite, now that they are getting the prettiest coloring to go with their fuzzy cheeks. I look forward to seeing them all grown up and free-ranging outside. :)

My guys are doing great!  They are three weeks old now and no health issues whatsoever.  The cochins are my favorites and have very nice temperaments, feathering and size.  The salmon favorelles are my second favorite, now that they are getting the prettiest coloring to go with their fuzzy cheeks.  I look forward to seeing them all grown up and free-ranging outside. :)
Yay!! I am glad all is going well with you! It is always so nice when chick brooding is pulled off without any hitches! I can't wait to see pics of them as adults!!

My guys are doing great!  They are three weeks old now and no health issues whatsoever.  The cochins are my favorites and have very nice temperaments, feathering and size.  The salmon favorelles are my second favorite, now that they are getting the prettiest coloring to go with their fuzzy cheeks.  I look forward to seeing them all grown up and free-ranging outside. :)
Yay!! I am glad all is going well with you! It is always so nice when chick brooding is pulled off without any hitches! I can't wait to see pics of them as adults!!
Thanks! She is top hen, even over a older hen with spurs!

That is cool! I have heard that breed often dominates the roost.

Back
Top Bottom