michigan chicken fanciers

I got 15 from jonesville those are red pullets and black sex link pullets. The got 4 welsummers from farm and home in coldwater and 2 easter eggers. Then 2 straight run ducks, think one rouen and other campbell but not sure

Awful places this time of year. Lol. I've been hatching since january went to tsc in jonesville and there was one tiny bantam who wasn't doing good so they gave me it then asked wich others did I want to equal 6. Most know me by name there and wouldn't of made me buy six. Went to tsc in coldwater this weekend banties were 1.99. Much better prices there. Asked if ken the manager was there to see what kind of deal I could get. He was gone but because I took 10 the lady gave them to me for 1.00 apiece. Not like I needed more but who can resist. Lol

Yea prices where much better in coldwater. My chicks seemed to go through a sneezin phase. Pretty sure it was a virus as the first one i notice doing it is totally fine now. No sneezes from any one in a few days

I am brooding them together. Its been so cold i want them to have access to heat lamp. Clean it 3-4 times a day ducks are messy!

I haven't updated because having another baby and all but before I had my second son in July One of my Americanas decided she'd try becoming a mom too and stole eggs from her sisters to hatch. Big Red McClucken is now a proud father and I became a Grandma lol. Red is a RIR and I have 4 AMC's a Dominick and another red lady. Anyway we got 6 chicks. Now they are egg laying teens, olive eggers although we get 10-12 eggs a day we get inconsistent colors. on some days we get 4-5 blue/green eggs 5-6 olives and 2 brown and the sometimes we get 4 Brown eggs and 4 bg and 3-4 olive. It's strange and I don't know who it is but it seems we have 2 cameleon egg layers on our hands lol.

oh and I have 12 for a friend in our brooder and 4 meaties and I couldn't resist getting a Welsummer and another Dom for myself. I didn't get to handle the grand chicks so they didn't bond to me like our others. Am are skittish anyway

Last edited:
Hello, I am a new member, although I have been coming to the site for info for months, just never posting. I'm in harbor springs, (near Petoskey) and am from East Jordan. I have a Welsummer, a SLW, and an ISA brown. All pullets right now. I tried to go to the link Opa posted for Michiganders and it says it's locked, so I figured I'd post here anyway. I'd love to know if there are any good breeders near me, especially for the Wyandottes.

Welcome to BYC Cheryl.  You're going to find a lot of friendly and helpful people here.  There is another Michigan thread where most of us stay in touch.  https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=233&p=1711   Also be sure to click on the link in my signature line to get information about our upcoming Chickenstock.

@JewelsChicks good morning. I still haven't figured out how to post links but if go to your search bar and search for " Michigan Thread- all are welcome" that is the one for michiganders. Welcome to byc!

Hello all you Michigan poultry Fanciers. I just subscribed to this forum. I'm mostly on the showgirl forum. Thanks Jorey, for your message. I will be posting some pictures of the SG,s that I have for sale latter this week. a friend of mine is moving and selling her flock. I have them all at my place for know.. Total of seven hens some black/blue some white. WAY TO MANY ROOSTERS, TWO WHITE, FOUR BLACK, AND ONE PARTRIDGE.

Back
Top Bottom