Michigan Chickenstock 2014 Buy/Sell/Trade

the Iowa smokey & Chanticler/Iowa :

Well, I *was* coming to Cs today until the rear end on my van started making noise yesterday. Now I'm sitting here knowing I'm missing out on a great time and many opportunities. :-(

Did I miss something? I showed up at 11:00 and there was about 5 people there that had animals, I was really confused, I thought it would be bigger.

Did I miss something? I showed up at 11:00 and there was about 5 people there that had animals, I was really confused, I thought it would be bigger.
Many people come from long distances and do not bring animals unless they are arranged ahead of time. Each year it is different. So the numbers of available animals is not many. It is not technically a "swap" type get together, but one that can combine meeting people from the threads and an opportunity to exchange information about animals, plus a pot luck too.

At 11am, most of the chicken ppl were under the podium listening to the guest speaker, Dr. Mick Fulton. Great presentation on Common Poultry Diseases! the group wasn't as large as in years past, but it was still a fun event!

Ok, thanks I was confused, I didn't realize that people don't bring animals unless prearranged, but yes it was interesting.

i think they used to bring animals but found they were taking lots back home with them, hence the prearranged. but still, there were loads of them by 1pm! we came home with 3 ducklings, 1 jersey giant 7-week male chick, 1 jersey giant 7-week female chick, 1 silver laced wyandotte 7-week female chick, 3 young female easter eggers, and a beautiful young cochin rooster. quite pleased!!!

(and i had only prearranged the jersey giants - the rest were impulse purchases. good thing i brought 3 empty cages!!!)

Last edited:
I brought a group to sell, ended up moving my young roosters and coming home with the OE pullets (I was told they are pullets, so I will see). @SandraChick I think you ended up with the SLW pullet - keep me posted on her! :)

Loved the event. I prearranged 4 Swedish Flower Hens, which are gorgeous! and prearranged my new BCM hen. My only extra was a cute little Tolbunt Polish chick that is looking like a pullet, but we'll see. I had to hold myself back from at least 3 other chicks!!!! The food was good and the chicken peeps were friendly. Oh, and we got some very nice raffle items. My granddaughter wore her new chicken hat all the way home, lol.

Back
Top Bottom