Michigan Chickenstock 2014 Buy/Sell/Trade

@Wynette I got a FBCM pullet from you last summer at CS (with the help of ladyrsanti). We really liked her, but unfortunately she was killed by a mink over the winter. We are planning on attending CS this year and my goal is to replace her. Would I be able to get another pullet from you?

@Maah and @JackieandChicks - I should have some young Black Copper Marans pullets at C-S.

I will also have Blue Giants and *possibly* some Black (exhibition line - I have been breeding this line for 3 years now, anyone with my line previous to that - this current line is a vast improvement over my last line!)

I also may have a few exhibition-bred Ameraucana (this line is out of Canada, and has some Paul Smith blood in them. Very, very nice birds (blue/black/splash); I am only in need of 2 pullets and I've got 9 of these in my brooder now, so I'm sure there will be extras.

I will also have some mixed layers; these birds are a mix of Columbian Rock and Silver Penciled Rock. They lay quite well and are just lovely, lovely birds. Here's a young pullet from last fall's hatch:

Last edited:
@Maah and @JackieandChicks - I should have some young Black Copper Marans pullets at C-S.

I will also have Blue Giants and *possibly* some Black (exhibition line - I have been breeding this line for 3 years now, anyone with my line previous to that - this current line is a vast improvement over my last line!)

I also may have a few exhibition-bred Ameraucana (this line is out of Canada, and has some Paul Smith blood in them. Very, very nice birds (blue/black/splash); I am only in need of 2 pullets and I've got 9 of these in my brooder now, so I'm sure there will be extras.

I will also have some mixed layers; these birds are a mix of Columbian Rock and Silver Penciled Rock. They lay quite well and are just lovely, lovely birds. Here are young pullets from last fall's hatch:

I am interested in the BCM's - can you PM me a price? Also have to check out the blue Giants :) And while I don't show, like getting some better quality birds, possibly some Ameracanas - need to think ahead and get outcrosses for my birds so I don't have genetic issues. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet :) Definitely the Marans. DH gave me the go ahead to replace "Penny" and we decided to do it from POL pullet again rather than hatching ourselves. So that would be perfect. I love the multiple egg colors for my customers (& ourselves), so the darker layer the better.

One of your lovely Blue Giants would have been great too, but I don't think I could convince DH into another though. We've already established this years new additions with the Marans already factored into the count. Pooh. Maybe, just maybe, this year I will be able to stick to the plan we've established! ...but then again, we haven't been to CS yet. LOL :)

We will bring some hatching eggs in case someone would like to buy, various colors. Also may bring some herb plants and yucca plants. May bring some started pullets/cockerels mixed crosses too to sell.

I'm planning on attending since I don't work that weekend. If anyone is interested in Swedish Flower Hens, Tolbunt Polish and Jubilee
Orpingtons let me know and I'll bring them.

Back
Top Bottom