Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

There is some media attention already. I would like to know if you hear any from your local media outlets. Please share if you can.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/01/removing_michigan_right_to_far.html
Thank you to you, Silly, and wingless! I appreciate all you folks do. I firmly believe a large part of the equation is urban sprawl and have stated as much in previous posts. I am on the fringe of encroachment although driving around here you'd never know it. There are quite a few people who find nice "farms" that are located in troubled waters with regards to, in my opinion, negative change.

I wasn't really looking for a house chicken but she is not able to walk. Her one leg is not supporting her and she wasn't able to get to the food. Now that she is in she is going to need some exercise and so the diaper.

-3 this morning. I don't really want to move. This has been a hard winter and normally that means lots of starving wild animals. This past year however a gentleman from downstate leased up a lot of land in our area. He planted field corn but because of this falls rain, never harvested it. It really messed with our fall hunting. Now we have more blue jay around than I can ever remember. The turkey have stayed near a field farther up our road and the deer have highways through the snow into the fields. The critters may actually come out of the winter without losing any weight.
I went and checked out tracks again the other day and it appears a fox wandered through. DH also saw a coyote about 6 the other morning. He was going to shoot it out the back slider but it was so cold it had frozen shut. Needless to say, after lots of angry sounds out of him and wrestling with the door, the coyote disappeared into the woods.

Stay warm.

Is there any way to permanently "post the contact information of the ag commission, GAAMP people ect.? I just saw it and now am going to have to go through 90 posts to find it again.
Welcome to all the newbies that I've missed.
I'll look into starting a member's page for doing that. I think it was funny that the MDARD website removed the contact information.
But try this
: http://www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125-1572_2878-8251--,00.html
I have written to the governor requesting that the current GAAMP commissioners be replaced with people both qualified to do the job and interested enough to attend the meetings.
Please let us know if he responds.
I'm writing a letter today to the governor. I wrote one to the director yesterday and I doubt she will reply.

I think lack of attendance on their part sent quite a message. I believe this meeting was just a formality, they have to endure, but will not take what was said by us seriously. I believe even more now by the article Raz posted, that this is a done deal.

sorry to be such a curmudgeon today.

It seems that everything has royally p o e d me off!
I've been on a slow boil since the Ag meeting on the 14th when the commissioner began complaining that they don't have the time to do the job that they have been appointed to do. Their lack of respect has turned into an outright rude disdain to Michigan farmers.

LOL, I didn't see that he quoted me at the bottom of the article... eeks!
Stick with me, I'll make ya famous.
cool.png
Either that or get you arrested!
lau.gif

Oh geez,
I'm been so wrapped up with the GAAMP thing that I missed some new people.
I talked to several at the meeting yesterday and mentioned the thread and CS14.

Welcome to the Michigan thread.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi, I'm new to the board.

So what is going on with Michigan and tthe right to farm? Where I live its all zoned Ag and nobody gets in your business and almost any thing goes!

Back
Top Bottom