Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love to ride that carousel! How cool about your mom singing there! Friends of my mom's family, the Grahams let Louie Armstrong use thier grand piano there once, back in the 60's when he performed there. Louie carved his initials in it and Dr. Graham's wife was so mad, she had the piano refinished! What style of music did your mom perform? It was so sad (to me) when that paladiom burned.

Tiempo, you were even slower than you thought. She started out the show with 3 speckled sussex and I bought 2 of them. I really hope I find out her name because they sure are nice birds. I've gotten 5 eggs from one of them and Friday the 2nd one laid a small soft shelled egg. I'm pretty sure it's her first egg.

Opa all these events have someone who organizes them. If you call the grounds they use you can find out who organized it and that person will be able to help you get in touch with that little girl. Sounds confusing but really does work.

Quote:
Well, well...Greenville brings back memories! Growing up in Michigan meant spending every second we could near Trufant (who's heard of that town?) and of course, Greenville was the "big exciting place" to us kids...and Baldwin Lake had a neat beach with an un-muddy bottom! Years later I worked as Deputy City Clerk at Belding.
smile.png

I forgot: in later years we were a few miles away from Stanton.

Last edited:
Try craigs list. I have seen stuff like that on there before (stoves and such)

This year has been a bad year for deaths in our family.

Grandpa died 2 days before Christmas (was the healthier of the 2 g'pa and g'ma)
My MIL died 2 weeks later (massive stroke, unexpected)
Grandma, Grandpa's wife, died 5 weeks later

Lost some friends parents and cousin-in-laws parents

September my cousins 2 month old died of SIDS.

I am so done with going to the funeral home... every time we go (which has been the same funeral home mainly) I joke with them and say we should just rent a room upstairs since we visit so much.

that and the greed that comes out when someone dies. Between the money and the stuff.

Check out my post in pest and predators. We had a very exciting evening here...

Opa: I am sure John Blehm has a list of who sold stuff and can let you know. my daughter saw those hens and wanted them. We don't have the space right now. I am glad that she sold the 2 roosters we didn't have a place for. She would like to get a whole flock of them, we researched and couldn't find anyone that bred and sold them.
Sarah

Last edited:
Wow, what a torrid pace you guys are at! I am having a hard time keeping up with my post reading. I think we are going to catch OK before the end of the month.

On a wood burning stove, I found a nice Jotul on craigslist after looking for a few months. You probably don't have that kind of time, but you can check all the different local craigslist if getting a free one doesn't work out.

I love fall!

Thanks. It has been a year of a lot of firsts without 3 of the most important people in my life.

But I am so blessed to have had the amount of time I did with them all. My MIL was my second mom growing up since we were neighbors and my animals lived at her farm.

Life goes on, time heals and someday we will all meet again in heaven and have a huge family reunion!

Tiempo

we were talking about Crystal Lake, and Crystal Mi. One of several places cat and i have recently found we have in common. lol It is nice to know the world is still small.

My mom used to play bingo in belding lol and of course i went to college just outside of Greenville. Montcalm community college. Wow it feels like forever ago though!!!!

edited
because i cant spell anymore either!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom