Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that's what I am saying! An allergist classifying it as a DAIRY allergy just because they are sold next to the milk and butter. LOL. OMG, I started a frumpakabus! HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAA

I swear my banty eggs are just as filling as my standard eggs. Yup. I just use 4 instead of 3 and its all good. As for duck eggs having better nutritional value than ducks eggs... Well, I just don't know... HEHE. I am teasing BTW. I know you meant chicken, but it was an opportunity handed on a silver plated platter.
lol yeah that's what I meant. I shouldn't type when trying to listen to someone on the phone LOL

It's funny about bantam eggs, I got rid of 4 bantam cochins and all I had left for bantams were 5 silkies, an OEG and a millie fleur pair. We didn't really pay attention to anything when we collected eggs til I noticed multiples of a particular size. One of my silkies, the OEG and the MF's live in the barn and roam around outside when we're out there so I started collecting their eggs separately. Those silly little barn birds lay twice a day!!

My egg customers love them for snacks or salads so we sell a carton for $1 with each carton they buy. If I'm overloaded I throw them out to the other birds and they love them!

The last three mornings I have been woken by huge flocks of geese flying over. They must be grouping up getting ready to migrate. I know they aren't yet because they are always flying north when I see them.

We are having friends over for a cook out later so I have cleaning and cooking to do today. I really hate coming up with food ideas when I'm not sure what others like or don't like.

I have to give my silkie and showgirl a bath. Yesterday they got themselves pooped on. The past two days all the youngsters have been hanging out in the coop all day. Yesterday I understand, it was windy and cool but not Saturday.

Does anyone have a want or need for a bantam calico cochin roo? He is the most beautiful roo I've seen, perfect. But not my son's favorite and has become the rogue rooster trying to fight for position. I would like to find him a good home.

I certainly don't know about all doctors, but when I had my testing done eggs absolutely had their own line item on the testing form and were not classified under "dairy". A friend's daughter was also recently tested and eggs were not classified under "dairy" for her either. I'm inclined it's the people, not the doctors making that assumption after testing is already done.

Was woken by the sound of many coyotes last night about 3:30, told my DH need to do something about them. They woke my oldest (10) also, he came into our room and said they sound scary and cool all at the same time.

One of my hens is laying greenish eggs.

Last edited:
Keyt - Opa makes pickled eggs out of his bantam eggs, and says they're perfectly bite sized. It's always sounded like a neat way to utilize them to me.

Keyt - Opa makes pickled eggs out of his bantam eggs, and says they're perfectly bite sized. It's always sounded like a neat way to utilize them to me.

Pickled eggs give me the willies. Anything pickled but cucumbers does lol. Growing up we had a huge jar that permanently lived in our fridge where my mom pickled anything: peppers, cauliflower, carrots, peaches, watermelon rind, etc.

We do use the eggs for snacks because they are bite sized.

Thank you Nova for the weekly run downs. I'm in my busy season right now and I dont' have the luxury of chatting like I want to. Seems that I've pooped in at a down moment in the thread. :( I hope it perks back up I think there are alot of great and informative folks on here.

Upside.....I made my first, fantastic, poached egg this weekend.
yesss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom